gecko

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best wishes and a new map:

victory-map-diplomacy-97t63.png

A lot has happened the last few turns.

- A huge Central Russian effort in Austria has been pushed back with 4 entire armies destroyed and a fith down to 25%. CR probably lost half its army in the last three turns. Moroccan Grant tanks had a pivotal role in the defence, forcing the capitulation of a superior army with T-34/85's . Once again it is proven that withrawal orders are very dangerous.

- The action in Austria was not without losses for the defending team. But the losses in ARM were less than half the losses of the attacker. A lot of divisions were damaged but few were destroyed, so recovery should be relatively easy.

- The battle for Austria has drawn Baltic forces to the action. We''l see if they want to push on.

- Denmark is in big trouble. The loss of the xVejle junction and xAlborg to a combined invasion slows the economy down. The las time Denmark was invaded it did not go well for the invaders. That was over 50 turns ago, This time the invasion might trigger the loss of Northern Germany.

- At this point in the game the Orange-Yellow "Western" alliance has taken the initiative and is pushing the Olive Northeastern alliance back. A few points in our favor: Ore is less of a concern for the western alliance. The western Alliance has the combined might of 14+ countries behind it, the Northeastern 10+. The Northeastern alliance has big producers like the Russians, but the Western can compensate this with Algeria, Canada and the US. And for the final advantage: the end-of-game tech is better for the western team.

- Iraq is continuing with conquering a path to the west. The plot thickens. On a side note: the middle east and Russia working together might make this a game worth extending beyond game turn 73.

Are the middle east and Russia working together?

Well, Iraq has taken Melitopol, Genichesk, Zhodanov, Taganrog ans Azov, all oin a coprridor to the west. But he did not take Dnepopetrovsk.

At the same time CR is attacking Austria with at least 2/3 rd of its army. So you tell me what's happening here.

You guys wanted to extend the game.. I felt like marching 7 armies into central Russia would have shifted the balance of power in your war to a much easier favorable outcome for your side.. Russia could not have stopped me and it would pull his allies away from fighting your group.

I don't think the Russian group would have voted to continue under that scenario..

So in the spirit of seeing the game continue I decided for the time being to just continue fighting Greece/turkey/Libya/Morocco alliance and we'll see where that takes us...I think that is fair all around the table don't you!?

You guys wanted to extend the game.. I felt like marching 7 armies into central Russia would have shifted the balance of power in your war to a much easier favorable outcome for your side.. Russia could not have stopped me and it would pull his allies away from fighting your group.

I don't think the Russian group would have voted to continue under that scenario..

So in the spirit of seeing the game continue I decided for the time being to just continue fighting Greece/turkey/Libya/Morocco alliance and we'll see where that takes us...I think that is fair all around the table don't you!?

Does the game continue? I have seen no conformation of this from Russ.

Tik tak tik tak

My understanding was the Turkish player was the only no vote and he has been replaced. We were asked to give turkey a one turn cease fire we did so on the condition the game would continue. I think it's time for Russ to call another vote....

I was told a vote would take place a couple of weeks ago. Not sure the holdup.

My understanding was the Turkish player was the only no vote and he has been replaced. We were asked to give turkey a one turn cease fire we did so on the condition the game would continue. I think it's time for Russ to call another vote....

I was told a vote would take place a couple of weeks ago. Not sure the holdup.

So no vote and no extention at the moment