Rolling Thunder Forums

Character Promotions

hobknob

Has anybody noticed your imperial tradition type charcters being promoted faster and/or higher than other characters?

How about the same for government type?

I can't say that my traditions characters are really geting promoted much faster than any of the others. :unsure:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as a relatively new Technocratic Federation, with Exploration as its tradition, I have more than 5 out of 9 as explorers. They have also been recieving promotions quite often. I have a suspicion that there may be some overlap in the governments and tradition in my case. But I am not sure quite yet.

Lucky dog. I'm an Oligarchical Democracy with Exploration as my tradition. Out of 25 characters, I have 2 explorers...TWO! :taz: Likewise, only 2 scientists and not a single naval commander or religious figure. However, I have more administrators and diplomats than I can shake a stick at.

The Zendo Mar Hierarchy is a Technocratic Hierarchy type goverment with Science as thier tradition.

We have 28 leaders and all types are represented except naval and religious leaders. We have the most

of the explorer and Scientist types 6 each and the least of the army leaders only 2. One of these army leaders however has achieved the rank of Field Marshall. 1 of only 3 leaders that have reached level 6

:taz: Hmmmmmm, I think I have noticed with my own (28) characters, that those that get used in orders tend to be promoted fasters than those that just sit around. So when ever possible I assign a character and yes I always name mine too, they seem to get promotions faster, or have a greater chance to be.

Here are how mine have played out so far promotion wise.

level 1 - 13%

level 2 - 18%

level 3 - 25%

level 4 - 21%

level 5 - 21%

level 6 - 2%

level 7 - none

This is from a pool of 71 characters. My assigned people don't seem to be getting promoted any faster than unassigned folks. It also appears that lower level characters have a pretty good chance of being promoted at least to the middle ranks.

Pete has specifically stated that promotions are time based. It doesn't matter if they are doing anything or not. A naval officer that sits on your homeworld has just as much chance to be promoted as the same character running around with a fleet engaging in battle every turn.

Pete has also said that tradition and goverment type affects recruitment and promotion of characters

/Locklyn

:taz: Well I have noticed those characters that are assigned to fleets and I have issued orders to do stuff, have seemed to have been promoted faster than those just sitting at HW. Example...a Diplomat assigned to a fleet that does a DIP order a turn to work on a NPC seems to be promoted faster than one just sitting at the HW obtained the same turn.

Seventy-one characters?! I hope you're running more than one empire Hobknob. :lol:

Not to disagree with anybody, but it does seem that my military leaders who are involved with Live Fire Exercises get promoted faster than those that don't. I really haven't crunched the numbers.

On a side note:

1. Has anyone seen a Level 8 Leader? :cheers:

2. Does anyone think that there is a hierarchical limitation for Characters? [i.e. You can only have one (1) Level 7 Diplomat, which I think is your King (Ur-Lord, Hindmost, etc.), or Level 7 Naval Officer, etc.] :taz:

You mean you don't have 60-70 characters for your empire? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't feel too bad, this total is for multiple positions. I would be nice to know how many folks have gotten though. The highest that I have hear of so far is 39 characters.

I figure about 50 will be the max. That should keep all of them on a single page, nice and neat. :blink: