Rolling Thunder Forums

Character Promotions

hobknob

50 sounds like a good number. Sure beats the 10 or 20 I was affraid was going to be the limit way back at the beginning of the game. If it is 50, I really hit a slow down in recruitment as I passed the halfway point. I think I went 4 turns at one point with no new characters :blink: Don't know if it's coincidence or if chances to recruit do go down as you approach the max. Promotions have been strong though no level 8 characters. 50 characters would also give me 20 more chances to get the two categories I don't have yet -- Merchant and Scientist ;)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) has anyone found a real use for the Religious characters as of yet? I know that 'IF' one has a religious character on a fleet that does a EXPL and they find one of those religious Cathedrals to some God that somehow your Empire might become aligned with that God but as of yet have had no luck with it nor have I heard of anyone yet that has. Plus I am not usre if that whole aspect of the game is worked out yet or not! :blink:

Religious character's give bonuses to production just like merchants, diplomats, and administrators. Though not completely compiled yet, I have some strong evidende that merchants and religious characters give bigger production bonuses as other characters of the same level.

The Mantodea Empire is a Hierarchical Imperium with Administration as a tradition. I currently have 11 characters and out of the 9, I have:3 Scientists, 2 Army Officers, 2 Administrators, and 2 Special Agents.

Ā 

At the momment I do not have any Explorers, Religous Leaders, Naval Commanders, or Martial Artists. :D

I have 26 characters after 13 turns. I think that's way above average. Last turn I got 4 new characters and 6 promotions. Wish I knew how effective/important the characters are. The only hard info we have so far is with respect to explorers and scientists as they impact warp point surveys.

Ā 

- Dave

The Aslan Hierate as of 14 or so turns has 16 characters.

Ā 

Goverment: Oligarchical Feudalism

Tradition: Business

Ā 

2 Diplomats

5 Merchants

1 Navel Officers

3 Army Officers

1 Special Agent

3 Religious Leaders

1 Administrator

Ā 

The Diplomats, Merchants and Administrators have been doing great work at solving labor disputes and improving production. B)

Ā 

Don't know were the religious Leaders came from. They all came along in the last few truns. Kinda thought of my people as none religious. So they must be some new cult gaining power in masses. :D .

Ā 

Emporer Magara of the Aslan

In 22 turns the Saturnian Empire has 38 special characters:

Ā 

Ā 

8 Diplomats

6 Scientists

5 Merchants

5 Special Agents

3 Naval Officers

3 Explorers

3 Administrators

2 Martial Artists

2 Army Officers

1 Religious Leader

Ā 

Our Imperial Tradition is Science and I have not noticed any difference in promotions with the possible exception of Scientists getting more than the others but I haven't done the math.

Ā 

Charles the Bold

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried putting an Agent down on a Advanced Neutral and see if it gives you any info? I will be trying this on three different Advanced Neutrals that I am hoping will join the GGT folds and will report if the Agents actually DO anything :D

Cheers

/Locklyn