Rolling Thunder Forums

Installations

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much CM do I need to construct a shipyard slip?

Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find this information anywhere in my records....

An inst would solve this problem :D

-----INST (Describe Installation)-----

INST: Shipyard Slip

Shipyard Slip: Each Shipyard Slip present in a Population Group allows for the construction of one ship

there per turn.

Production requirements: 50,000 Construction Materials

Consumes:

================================================================================

=========================================

An inst would solve this problem :D

-----INST (Describe Installation)-----

INST: Shipyard Slip

Shipyard Slip: Each Shipyard Slip present in a Population Group allows for the construction of one ship

there per turn.

Production requirements: 50,000 Construction Materials

Consumes:

================================================================================

=========================================

Ahhh... thanks so much! Seems as if I have skipped this looking over all these SN stuff here..... ;)

Sorry, one more question concerning shipyards: how can I remove a ship in queue from a shipyard?

I never used that option. But I think someone mentioned, that the SCRP order works for that as well.

I believe you SCRP with a fleet number of zero. There is no way to change the order of ships already queued in the shipyards, short of SCRP and re SHIP everything. I don't even think the priority number field of the SHIP order is honored. I think it just builds everything in the order the SHIP orders are entered. That part of the game could use some improvement. The planet number of the shipyard report has been broken since turn 1.

Sorry, one more question concerning shipyards: how can I remove a ship in queue from a shipyard?

I never used that option. But I think someone mentioned, that the SCRP order works for that as well.

I believe you SCRP with a fleet number of zero. There is no way to change the order of ships already queued in the shipyards, short of SCRP and re SHIP everything. I don't even think the priority number field of the SHIP order is honored. I think it just builds everything in the order the SHIP orders are entered. That part of the game could use some improvement. The planet number of the shipyard report has been broken since turn 1.

To get that right: one SCRP with fleet no. 0 will delete all ships from shipyards queue? Why am I asking: if I understand that right at the moment my shipyard produced 1 pathfinder every turn. Do I really need that?

To get that right: one SCRP with fleet no. 0 will delete all ships from shipyards queue? Why am I asking: if I understand that right at the moment my shipyard produced 1 pathfinder every turn. Do I really need that?

I'm pretty sure you can specify the number to scrap. The starting Pathfinders can be useful. They can survey A and B warp points as you know. With science installations built in the same system and/or explorer/scientist characters assigned to their fleet they can survey higher level warp points. They can explore planets etc. Watch for alien ships. Or you can scrap them and build something different with the parts. It just depends on your strategy. Personally if I was starting all over again I would probably let most of them build. You can add shipyard slips if you want to clear the shipyard queue faster.

I'm pretty sure you can specify the number to scrap. The starting Pathfinders can be useful. They can survey A and B warp points as you know. With science installations built in the same system and/or explorer/scientist characters assigned to their fleet they can survey higher level warp points. They can explore planets etc. Watch for alien ships. Or you can scrap them and build something different with the parts. It just depends on your strategy. Personally if I was starting all over again I would probably let most of them build. You can add shipyard slips if you want to clear the shipyard queue faster.

Okay, thanks. Maybe I'll keep them in queue. But I still wonder how the guys working in my shipyard get the parts to build the pathfinder. I do not have these parts in my stockpile...

By the way: someone told me that the Pathfinders are able to jump through C warp points - isn't that correct?

(Sorry for posting these things in the "installations" thread...)

Okay, thanks. Maybe I'll keep them in queue. But I still wonder how the guys working in my shipyard get the parts to build the pathfinder. I do not have these parts in my stockpile...

By the way: someone told me that the Pathfinders are able to jump through C warp points - isn't that correct?

If a ship is in the queue, then all the parts are paid for and substarcted from your stockpile already.

E.g. If you have only 1 slip and issue to build 5 Pathfinders, then all the materials needed for 5 pathfinders got substracted from the stockpile (if you do not have enough, the amount of Pathfinders is reduced accordingly.).

Then for the next 5 turns 1 Pathfinder is completed every turn (if your shipyard has enough capacity).

If you have 2 slips and only the shipyard capacity for one Pathfinder, it is still only one Pathfinder that is completed every turn.

Every ship with any kind of Jump Drive can jump through any WP class.

If you ask if a Pathfinder can survey a WP with the class C, then the answer is yes, if your Explorer and Scientist you have posted on that ship are high enough.

A Pathfinder on its own, with its one Mk I Jump Survey Sensor can only survey A and B, Mk II can do C, Mk III can do D, Mk IV can do E, etc pp.

1 Mk IV with a mid level Explorer can crack up to G iirc, for H and above you need either more Mk IV, higher Explorer/Scientist and/or higher JSS.

Only if they are carrying an explorer (Pioneer or better) with the fleet, or if you set up an Astronomical Observatory in the system with the WPs in question and use with lesser explorer characters, can they SURV the C WPs. Any fleet can go through any WP that has been SURV'd previously. They just have to be carrying sufficient fuel.

Only if they are carrying an explorer (Pioneer or better) with the fleet, or if you set up an Astronomical Observatory in the system with the WPs in question and use with lesser explorer characters, can they SURV the C WPs. Any fleet can go through any WP that has been SURV'd previously. They just have to be carrying sufficient fuel.

Be carefiul not to confuse WARP and SURV here.

Every ship can jump through every surveyed warp point.

Surveying the warppoint first is the difficult thing. An Pathfinder with an Explorer Character should be able to survey an Class C warppoint as Breoghan states.