Rolling Thunder Forums

SuperNova's Most Wanted

NeilGartner

I read just about every battle report on this forum and I'm curious to know if there's any Empires here that are looked upon as being the 'badguys'. :woohoo:

To be honest, villains help games like this to become more interesting and if there are such Empires here, I would like to know their names so my fleetscouts can runaway if they should ever spot them. :cheers:

Cheers! :jawdrop:

Neil

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would count the Eyre among these as they were selfprofessed pirates and promised to wrech havoc on friend and foe alike since they were after all "pirates"...

Some of the Phoenix Arisen Empires made common cause with the Eyre and it's clone Empires but to judge the whole PA after those deluded ones have in my experience been wrong since they have some upstanding people among them who not quite fall in line behind the PAs motto of "The whole universe is ours so get out"

I'm sure others have Empires that qualify under this banner, I've as yet to find someone that I couldn't handle, just wish people wouldn't pick a fight and then after a few lost battles drop out of the game :cheers:

Oh well...

:woohoo:

Locklyn

Pirates are pirates...what can I say. Just shoot them and be done with it.....or hire them to do your dirty work. :cheers:

Geesh....the PA are real greedy and not to bright either. :huh:

They want the universe and everyone to get out. My claim has always been to own this whole galaxy, and I'd never asked anyone to get out....although some fatalities may occur. :cheers:

Afterall, I do need someone to do most of the work here. And all I ask is for you to serve the one true god, Lloth......and perhaps a sizable percentage of your stockpile and material. Now is that such a bad deal? :jawdrop:

But don't you worry about us....we're a fun loving group. :woohoo:

Gremlins? Surely you mean Gremloids, peaceful and artistic in their expression of love of life, especially their own. All that come across the Gremloids know them to be peaceful and funloving, and those who don't find us peaceful and funloving don't seem to be around anymore :woohoo:

:cheers:

Locklyn

I read just about every battle report on this forum and I'm curious to know if there's any Empires here that are looked upon as being the 'badguys'. pirate2.gif

To be honest, villains help games like this to become more interesting and if there are such Empires here, I would like to know their names so my fleetscouts can runaway if they should ever spot them.

The problem is once you see them, they see you. I am not sure you can run away fast enough. Plus you won't learn their intentions. On the other hand if they destroy one of your pathfinders, at least you will know. :cheers:

I don't really have a "Most Wanted" empire atm as the one position that caused political rabble for another position (now ally) of mine has been eliminated.

Locklyn brings up an interesting point which brings me to a tangent:

I blame dropped positions for the deadspace between empires and the allowance of lucky neighbors to easily conquer stale homeworld defenses.

I often wonder how many people 'shopped' for homeworlds...ie....sign up for like 50 empires and then only keep one that has a 'nice' set-up. My current model of the universe (mapping) suggests that such behaviour would in some instances create HUGE gaps between empires and may account for such deadspace.

So I guess -- my Most Wanted players would be empire shoppers! :drunk:

Eternus, I hear in some parts of the galaxy there is a plant on a wanted poster. It says dead or alive.  :drunk:

Must be one of those nasty Venus Fly Traps.....

Who would ever-wever want to hurt a widdle Sunfwower? (bats sunlashes innocently)

We have found many archaic televideo recordings featuring uniformed thugs hitting a white spheroid while sacrificing millions of sunflower seeds for a 'Homer'

You might want to double those HW defenses if these Yankees ever find you.

Mechanica-

I have heard of this place. Many of our philosophers consider this to be where all the bad seeds go. What is a worse fate than to be chewed and spit out by a large passive being watching a ritual that is almost as slow as farming? It is indeed....a worse fate than being devoured by bovines! :drunk: Unless of course, this strange ritual occurs in Denver, Colorado, because nothing beats being chewed by a being trapped on the very lowest level of the sporting hell we speak of.

Hughestrog-

We recommend you avoid the mild inconvenience of hayfever by moving around known sources. Hayfever can sometimes prove nasty if you insist on moving closer to the source of the irritation. :cheers:

Being one of the Grognards of the Boards, I can attest to the fact that a few vocal empires could be considered for Most Wanted status -- MMB's Pirates "The Eyre" and the Ghoraan (sp?), are both good examples. Phoenix Arisen has more of a binary diplomatic philosophy: "Either you are with us or you're against us." So you can decide for yourself it that makes them among the most wanted. However, I have no idea how many Empires are out there that don't really say much on the boards but have the "Shoot First, Shoot Second and Loot the Corpse" mentality. So far I have encountered more Friendly Empires than Belligerent Empires, of course, I haven't really encountered that many active Empires.

I'm not really that concerned about "Empire Shoppers" because they are paying a set-up fee for each one. If that's how they want to spend their money, who am I to judge?

YMMV,

-SK :cheers: