Rolling Thunder Forums

Star League Obituary

Ur Lord Tedric

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think not in terms of time, but in real life dollars. Given that the superior technology was available and posessed, think how many turn sheets it would take to run down every dropped position. Stomp them, convert the HW's to ship production, and picket every single warp point and planetary orbit in the SN universe.

That, I think would be a even more staggering number that the mere ticking of the clock.

Just assuming that the combat part would be do-able due to the "vast superiority in tech" (an assumption not a claim) the logistics would be a monsterous nightmare. After a brief flurry of "fun" combats this process would quickly befome a drudge.

I return to an earlier discussion on this board when I say winning this game would most likely be described as surviving to enjoy the game. If that is the case there could be a lot of winners in the game. Ah, yet another obsure reference from looker as he quotes from Pogo Possum: "We have met the enemy, and it is us". I do believe Pogo meant all of us. :o:(:cheers: