Rolling Thunder Forums

Deep Core Surveys

Octus Imperium

All,

Well, finally got the first Deep Core Survey crew working 4 cycles ago. Ramping up for more in the near future. Got 1 Water and 6 Gas the first and second cycles. Then on cycles 3 and 4 got skunked. Is a 50% hit rate consistent with other's experience? Somewhat discouraging. Need more gas, but have plenty of water. (Leaving room for snide comments about gas.... :joker: )

Octus Imperium

All,

Well, finally got the first Deep Core Survey crew working 4 cycles ago. Ramping up for more in the near future. Got 1 Water and 6 Gas the first and second cycles. Then on cycles 3 and 4 got skunked. Is a 50% hit rate consistent with other's experience? Somewhat discouraging. Need more gas, but have plenty of water. (Leaving room for snide comments about gas.... :joker: )

Octus Imperium

My experience has been three out of five hits. I am only running one but am close to building a second.

PS I woiuld think you would want some hits on CaCO3 to help with the Gas. (<<< Snide comment :blink: )

All,

Octus Imperium

My experience has been three out of five hits. I am only running one but am close to building a second.

PS I woiuld think you would want some hits on CaCO3 to help with the Gas. (<<< Snide comment :blink: )

Looking over the 60+ DCS's I have running on my empires, over the last three turns I had a discovery rate of around 65%. Of course those folks running more DCS's than me should speak up to confirm or deny this rate.

As a side note, I'm still asking the crews to explain how they keep finding more of things like Meat, Grains, Fruit and Vegtables, and Lumber .. while digging into the planets core. :cheers:

As a side note, I'm still asking the crews to explain how they keep finding more of things like Meat, Grains, Fruit and Vegtables, and Lumber .. while digging into the planets core. :blink:

What, you've never seen "Spider Riders"? http://www.spiderriders.com/show.html There's plenty of such things down there.

Our larvae enjoy watching the antics of humanoids who fear insectoids. :joker:

we're running 634 (yes over six hundred). We're getting 54per over last three turns.

With diminishing returns for more numerous DCS per planet, the numbers are a little hard to interpret. I am assuming you have 634 on fewer than 634 worlds. (I sure hope so, for our empire's survivability....)

From the posts, it appears around 2 out of 3 is not unreasonable for single DCS on a planet. Range will be wide, of course, with this sample size. Many thanks for the input.

And only one snide comment? Very disappointing. Calcium carbonate indeed. We prefer the alien artifact find 'advanced simethicone' (do the ANZ). But physiologies differ.

Octus Imperium

we're running 634 (yes over six hundred). We're getting 54per over last three turns.

With diminishing returns for more numerous DCS per planet, the numbers are a little hard to interpret. I am assuming you have 634 on fewer than 634 worlds. (I sure hope so, for our empire's survivability....)

From the posts, it appears around 2 out of 3 is not unreasonable for single DCS on a planet. Range will be wide, of course, with this sample size. Many thanks for the input.

And only one snide comment? Very disappointing. Calcium carbonate indeed. We prefer the alien artifact find 'advanced simethicone' (do the ANZ). But physiologies differ.

Octus Imperium

We're doing 634 on one world. Does pretty well.

634 you say? Hmmmmmm

That would take 158,500,000 Advanced ConMats just to build the Surveyors. Pretty heft investment.

Then you would need to generate 63,400,000 power just to run them. Now let's assume Fusion Power Plants (100 water for 10,000 power). He would need 6,340 of them. That would require 3,170,000,000 ConMats to build and 634,000 water/turn to maintain.

However, let's say he has either a Geothermal or Hydro rating that gives him 10,000 power. That would still require 6,340 of them but would only cost 1,585,000,000 ConMats. Any rating that provides more than 10,000 power per would reduce the ConMat expenditure.

The above numbers don't take into account what he would need for his normal mines and such.

I find it really hard to believe that this empire actually built all that. :joker:

Sakarissa

Actually I believe that he claimed previously to have had a hydro potential around 20,000 which means a single hydro plant will provide 401,000 power, so a little over 160 hydro plants to power all 634 of them.

Once you get to a certain point the DCS's are essentially free.

IMHO a good hydro or geo potential are required for massive uses of DCS"s.

:joker:

Actually I believe that he claimed previously to have had a hydro potential around 20,000 which means a single hydro plant will provide 401,000 power, so a little over 160 hydro plants to power all 634 of them.

Once you get to a certain point the DCS's are essentially free.

IMHO a good hydro or geo potential are required for massive uses of DCS"s.

:joker:

And DCS increase the hydro or Geothermal potential as well:)

I'm seriously dubious that he has a hydro or geo potentional at 20,000. That's just ridiculous. Even if he did truly build all those and the power plants (of whatever type) then he wouldn't have been able to build much else much less material for space ships.

Sakarissa

I seriously doubt this high a yield as well, which was supposed to have been got from a major ICE-1 hit.

If this is possible then that part of the game is broken and Pete needs to fix it, retrospectively as well, should be an easy matter to search the database for any yields in excess of what Pete planned say 2000

Pete, no need to post, but can this be checked?

I seriously doubt this high a yield as well, which was supposed to have been got from a major ICE-1 hit.

If this is possible then that part of the game is broken and Pete needs to fix it, retrospectively as well, should be an easy matter to search the database for any yields in excess of what Pete planned say 2000

Pete, no need to post, but can this be checked?

There was another thread discussing this oh say back in December or so (can't remember). And Pete through out some words here and there about ICE, DCS, and hinted that other methods exist that have not yet been mentioned or discovered. There was also mentions about limits existing, decreasing returns (but nothing on actual values), and some statements that (once more were never verified or confirmed of course) implied EEOC was "streching the truth".

no stretching. Hydro was our top resource until a year ago where lumber surpassed it. Both are over 20k. with that in mind and a iron in the 18k CMs become free (or close to it). We have 800 or so hydro plants and hobknob is correct on power output (or close). The DCS don't generate as much per hit as when there were less but we're using them as a stockpile method in preperation for advanced ICs. at that point I'll convert the 1500 DCS (we make 3, adv CM a turn) into AIC and call it quits. We actually are not running at full capacity due to the cap on population growth. 5 increase in Lumber when It's at 22k eats a HUGE chunk of people.