Rolling Thunder Forums

Species Engineering

We've been praying and praying for courage to face the universe, now that we know how hostile it is. The Gods have finally answered!

"Some Zraaknod, in a fit of previously unheard-of bravery, fly outside during *night time hours* and actually survive the experience. They aren't eaten by nocturnal Vrak Toads, and they don't fly into buildings or other hazards.

Some of them even fly without full protective body armor, and live! Remarkable!

Points expended and lifeform chart updated (Natural Cowardice removed)."

Y'know, it's the personal touches from the GMs that make me love this game.

We've been praying and praying for courage to face the universe, now that we know how hostile it is. The Gods have finally answered!

"Some Zraaknod, in a fit of previously unheard-of bravery, fly outside during *night time hours* and actually survive the experience. They aren't eaten by nocturnal Vrak Toads, and they don't fly into buildings or other hazards.

Ahh, but now your enemies know your weakness and will begin researching MK II Vrak Toads :joker:

Ahh, but now your enemies know your weakness and will begin researching MK II Vrak Toads :joker:

Actually, we think our enemies have dropped. After the Big Scare they haven't done anything to us at all. They just sit there. We've dispatched a couple extermination flights to ensure that their molecules continue to do just that.

What I want to know is when did Vrak Toads start naming their offspring "Mark"? :blink:

Actually, we think our enemies have dropped. After the Big Scare they haven't done anything to us at all. They just sit there. We've dispatched a couple extermination flights to ensure that their molecules continue to do just that.

Never, never assume that the empire next to you has dropped. They may simply be uncommunicative! Expend every possible effort to confirm or deny their status before doing anything which may be considered rash.

"Once bitten, twice shy."

We're almost done with 2nd Generation Species Engineering. Rowr!

-Sha'thar

We're almost done with 2nd Generation Species Engineering. Rowr!

-Sha'thar

Bah! The Skaarl of The Circle are closing in on 4th Generation Species Engineering. Once we have that, their racial build value will be around 3000. Very nice to have no negatives.

Sakarissa :joker::blink:

• 2 months later...
Thinking of my generation of species engineering leads to a more general thought.

How do you express a negative number in Roman Numerals?

Roman numerals cannot be negative as there is no roman numeral zero. IE .. the concept of zero and negatives just didn't make sense them them. Sure subtraction existed as did addition. But try to subtract a larger number from a smaller and they would have though you were daft.

Of course, we can generalize this an make up for the non-negatives, by adding our own controls, like Z for Zero, and using the - for negatives. Below is the remainder of the Roman numbering schema. What I've always found funny was the system was Case Sensitive (long before computers) B)

Roman...Arabic

I...1

V...5

X...10

L...50

C...100

D...500

M...1,000

v...5,000

x...10,000

l...50,000

c...100,000

d... 500,000

m...1,000,000

Thinking of my generation of species engineering leads to a more general thought.

How do you express a negative number in Roman Numerals?

Roman numerals cannot be negative as there is no roman numeral zero. IE .. the concept of zero and negatives just didn't make sense them them. Sure subtraction existed as did addition. But try to subtract a larger number from a smaller and they would have though you were daft.

Of course, we can generalize this an make up for the non-negatives, by adding our own controls, like Z for Zero, and using the - for negatives. Below is the remainder of the Roman numbering schema. What I've always found funny was the system was Case Sensitive (long before computers) B)

Roman...Arabic

I...1

V...5

X...10

L...50

C...100

D...500

M...1,000

v...5,000

x...10,000

l...50,000

c...100,000

d... 500,000

m...1,000,000

Silly Romans. Didn't they know K was for 1,000's?