Rolling Thunder Forums

ICE Beware

Prospective

Here's the other side of the equation. I made 10,000 ICE-1 on my homeworld last turn. It took effect this turn. I'll do a GEO next turn to determine exactly what changed.

One thing I can tell you without issuing a GEO survey is that I completely LOST my Crystal Potential. It used to be 158 (not great, I know and I was hoping to see this increase). Well, this turn I got the following message:

- Crystal Refinery: 0 Crystals(s) were produced in Population Group # xxx (lack of Crystals resource)

I still have 790 Crystal mines and I have excess power available, so the only conclusion I can draw is that Crystal production on my homeworld is lost forever.

Crap.

Here's the other side of the equation. I made 10,000 ICE-1 on my homeworld last turn. It took effect this turn. I'll do a GEO next turn to determine exactly what changed.

One thing I can tell you without issuing a GEO survey is that I completely LOST my Crystal Potential. It used to be 158 (not great, I know and I was hoping to see this increase). Well, this turn I got the following message:

- Crystal Refinery: 0 Crystals(s) were produced in Population Group # xxx (lack of Crystals resource)

I still have 790 Crystal mines and I have excess power available, so the only conclusion I can draw is that Crystal production on my homeworld is lost forever.

Crap.

Prospective - you are correct, you have no more crystals to mine. If you look at the ANZ you'll see it states the possibility of completely losing a resource. I think it's more on the line of a probability, I had the same thing happen to me but fortunately my loss was Precious Metals. On the upside, I now can "mine" all the Mineral Fertilizers I would ever need <_<

Crap.

If you compare this turns production to last turns, you should be able to guess what items went up, before even doing the GEO. Hopefully, you got a bad crystal result but other things like Iron went up a lot, which will make up for it a bit. If your planet had a really bad result, you might have lost the crystal and could see drops in other resources as well.

Crap.

Here's a simple formula to help you back into your new yield number.

Yield=(production/mines)+(mines*0.1)

This works very well. Unless, of course, you have various merchants, diplomats, clerics, etc. screwing up your production formula. (Curse their help!) :woohoo:

You can either wait until all your various leaders have one turn of total incompetance, or just do an old fashioned GEO. :angry2:

:beer:

TErnest

This works very well. Unless, of course, you have various merchants, diplomats, clerics, etc. screwing up your production formula. (Curse their help!) :woohoo:

You can either wait until all your various leaders have one turn of total incompetance, or just do an old fashioned GEO. :angry2:

:beer:

TErnest

If you do something like this, a GEO order should come right after you dropped the ICE

• 8 months later...

This is frm a fairly recent drop on a colony of mine and is consisent with the general feeling that you tend to lose a resource completely and tend to gain a resource point for every 7+ ICE.

Effect of 25,826 tons of ICE-1

Resource Before After

Caldaran Crystals 68 389

Coal 68 344

Crystals 52 202

Fibers 304 487

Fruits and Vegetables 174 398

Gaseous Elements 90 522

Grains 105 527

Hydroelectric Potential 91 328

Industrial Chemicals 220 379

Iron 96 312

Light Metals 102 409

Lumber 282 690

Meat 95 452

Petrochemicals 302 0

Rare Herbs and Spice 251 426

Total Resources 2300 5865

ICE/Resource Increase 7.24

Hated to lose the petro but the Lumber, Gaseous and Hydro sure were nice.

I wonder if a series of "ICE bombs" would mess up someone's nice orderly production lines? Does ICE bring zero resources to plus figures? Or is it a one-way street? OK, so it would be expensive in resourcess - but interesting thought? Absolutely! :P:ph34r: