Rolling Thunder Forums

The Flock

Desmodus

Flagritz what THe Flock was doing looking like this

NM Fleet A Monkeynuts 4

OC Fleet A Colony A All my crap

Fleet sightings take place when a fleet moves into a location from what I understand. So on the first order pulse his fleet moved to the planet. The enemy fleet saw him. This triggered a battle which takes place between the first and second pulses. The Flock fleet was destroyed, but because of a bug the cargo was still there listed as being in a fleet without any ships. On the second pulse his order to offload the cargo took place. Since the glitch in the coding left the cargo in the fleet the order was able to go through.

To quote from the very funny movie My Cousin Vinny, the above is "Dead On Balls Accurate" :)

However, the movement itself doesn't trigger a battle, it just triggers a sighting report for both sides. Both fleets need to be there at the conclusion of the pulse for a potential battle to actually trigger.

Then how did that fleet, YOU had to manually destroy sit at my HW for 20 pulses?????????? It also passed 2 other fleets that were trying to blow it up and did not have a battle at either sighting, ACCORDING To you My stationary fleet would have to move to avoid a battle, and that did not happen in MANY instances. Are you saying my PDS suddenly warped some where else?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my two penneth...I agree that ship moves in and battle ensues, COLB order should not be allowed on next pulse (i.e. bug....as confirmed by Pete)....however I have seen it where ship moves in, no sighting is triggered, COLB order allowed on next pulse....following turn troop drop does not trigger encounter and world is taken with GATK.... whether this is a bug or not I could not say, all I know is that when I built a ship from that world battle ensued and I felt very silly thinking the gods had cleared my way in the first place :P