Rolling Thunder Forums

Sending in Turns

Flagritz

Hi Guys,

I've tried doing lots of searches and as far as I can tell this hasn't been asked before (probably for good reason:), apologies though if it has.

1) When you e-mail your turns in can you attach the files for multiple positions to the one e-mail or is it best to send one email for each position?

2) Has anoyne sent in turns from a different e-mail address then they receive there turns back from, does it cause problems?

Reason I ask is at the moment I send a e-mail for each position and though its been fine for the last year or so I've been playing I was wondering If I needed to do that (I run quite a few positions you see). Also Im having some trouble sending my turns through hotmail (though I still want to receive my results back to my hotmail account), so want to send my turns via either my work e-mail address or my personal e-mail address.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Miltiades :]

I have accidentally sent my turns in from email accounts other than the one registered with RTG. I get the results back on the registered account, so I think you're safe there.

I can't say much about sending in multiple positions on a single email. Shouldn't be any technical reason you couldn't. Well, unless your turns are so big they exceed the attachment size limit. I really can't see that as being an issue. I'd ask Russ or Pete though, just to be sure it doesn't mess up their accounting in some way.

Hi Guys,

I've tried doing lots of searches and as far as I can tell this hasn't been asked before (probably for good reason:), apologies though if it has.

1) When you e-mail your turns in can you attach the files for multiple positions to the one e-mail or is it best to send one email for each position?

2) Has anoyne sent in turns from a different e-mail address then they receive there turns back from, does it cause problems?

Reason I ask is at the moment I send a e-mail for each position and though its been fine for the last year or so I've been playing I was wondering If I needed to do that (I run quite a few positions you see). Also Im having some trouble sending my turns through hotmail (though I still want to receive my results back to my hotmail account), so want to send my turns via either my work e-mail address or my personal e-mail address.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

I've been attaching all of my positions to a single email from the start without any problems (I use Hotmail too, and so far - while hoping I'm not jinxing myself by saying so - no probs).

I attach mine and add the empire numbers in subject and body.

Had no problems with that.

Well one small one, as Pete or Russ forgot my turn submission once, so all were run after all the others :cheers:

On single send in, it would probably have only affected one position.

Hi :cheers:

Thanks for the posts.

I've tested sending the turns on one email from my personal account to my hotmail account and they weren't Zipped so Im good on that front...

Im going to give it a go and send it on one e-mail from my personal account, I appreciate the speak to Russ disclaimer any problems Ill give Russ a shout :]

Breoghan you should hopefully be okay with the Hotmail if using a PC, ever since its become Windows Live Mail its not been very stable on the Mac, it crashes when I try to add an attachment :]

thanks again for the help,

Thanks for the posts.

I've tested sending the turns on one email from my personal account to my hotmail account and they weren't Zipped so Im good on that front...

Im going to give it a go and send it on one e-mail from my personal account, I appreciate the speak to Russ disclaimer any problems Ill give Russ a shout :]

Breoghan you should hopefully be okay with the Hotmail if using a PC, ever since its become Windows Live Mail its not been very stable on the Mac, it crashes when I try to add an attachment :]

thanks again for the help,

2) Yes, I always send my turns from 1 mail adress and recieve them with another

Just to let you know, sending all turns in one e-mail works fine Russ sent us a conformation, he saw the e-mail posts. Also no problems sending from an e-mail address different to the one you receive your turns back with.

Big thanks to Russ and big thanks to everyone who posted :}

thanks guys

I have had a variety of email addresses that I have used to send in my orders and always for multiple positions. Sometimes I zip them up and sometimes I don't. the only real problems I have had are when I forget to actually send the attachment. :jawdrop:

:cheers:

Or thinking you sent in the turns, because you were doing them late at night and your brain said SAVING them was just as good as SENDING them. Panic sets in when one gets an email from Russ saying, where are your turns or is this an autoturn? (Thanks Russ!) Did an autoturn once semi-intentionally because of travel demands. Not pretty.

Octus

(Hmmm, it's Wednesday morning. Did I send in those pesky orders? Better check again....)