Rolling Thunder Forums

Potential Special Variant Game

RTGRuss

Hi Guys,

There has been significant interest in setting up a special game variant lately - with lots of thoughts on what that special variant might actually be.

Based on what is possible on this end and the interest I've noted on the forums and via email, here is what we are looking at:

Advanced Start (TP 25)

x25 Stockpiles

No fixed ending (i.e. goes until one nation/alliance is standing or until all surviving nations agree to bring it to a close).

Registrations can be for any nation (if you want to work out some sort of starting teams, etc. between you and submit your registrations accordingly that's ok). If you already have a registration for this game you should confirm it with me via email - if not and you are interested please submit it as soon as you are ready. I'm not sure what the game number would be at this point (either Game 82 or 83 depending on when the regular game fills) so just tell me it is for the special advanced start, etc. game.

There is no guarantee that this special game will set up since we need at least 30 to make a viable game - if we get the players we'll get it going <_< Registrations for the regular game are still being accepted as well so if you are interested in that one instead just let me know (all registrations that don't specifically note that they are for the special game I'll assume are for the regular one).

Take care & good gaming!

Russ

• 1 month later...

I am in.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would suggest one other item for this variant.

NO TA's allowed. The PAP TA order would have to be crippled (or watched over by Russ).

Mano to Mano, full backstabbing mode, and FULL fog of war for all parties.

This would be a Man's Game.......who would support it?

• 2 weeks later...

NO TA's allowed. The PAP TA order would have to be crippled (or watched over by Russ).

Fog of War, huh? :P

Well, I can't get any MORE confused in Vic!, so count me in! :thumbsup:

I have to admit. I would like that kind of game. Kinda tell everyone who IS the best Vic player. No?

So allies would have to email their turns to each other. Not quite fog of war. HOWEVER, if the combat report engine was reduced to:

Army - "XXX was attacked from YYY - Attack was repulsed

Air - TAS successful, Estimated x,xxx enemy fighters intercepting, estimated yyy destroyed.

Navy - XXX 16" rounds delivered to target area. Recommend recon planes to determine damage.

and the final troop status on your troop chart, THEN it would work. We get far too much detail on enemy forces now.

I don't forsee those changes making a good game. i am playing in special game 82 with advanced start and big stock piles and a multitude of players have dropped this game. Only 23 turns in and two thirds of the people have dropped alot of them for no reason. i will never play a special game again---nobody wants to stay with it.