Rolling Thunder Forums

Leader in-system assignments

Sakarissa

I remember a long time ago that a change in leader assignments was made. This change allowed a leader on orbit 1 to be assigned to an army or fleet that was in the same system since they have "personal shuttles" to facilitate the transfer. Is this still in play or am I smoking something illegal?

Sakarissa :(

The Circle

I remember a long time ago that a change in leader assignments was made. This change allowed a leader on orbit 1 to be assigned to an army or fleet that was in the same system since they have "personal shuttles" to facilitate the transfer. Is this still in play or am I smoking something illegal?

The Circle

In year 129 of the New Glalactic Era (25/8/2007), it was announced:-

Illegal character assignment may result in Bad Things happening to them. They definitely don't want Santa to think they are being bad this year. Be sure that you're assigning characters to worlds in systems where the character is already present. --Pete

Sakarissa :cheers:

The Circle

Whether or not you are smoking anything illegal is probably immaterial to your question. :(

I do recall something along these lines as well, but can't confirm. Personal shuttles would be great, until you get personnel transporters.

Octus

I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of Advanced Black Market Goods in my possession or in my bong.

I just want to know if I can do a single AC order to move one leader from one place in System XXX to another place in System XXX without having to involve a Fleet and more orders (AC to fleet, NM, AC to location).

Gotta be efficient with my orders since I am on a budget and not taking out loans for turns like Locklyn....

The Circle

I just want to know if I can do a single AC order to move one leader from one place in System XXX to another place in System XXX without having to involve a Fleet

If you have a System XXX, you should have a lot of characters wanting to be assigned there! :(:cheers::D

I did some in-system AC's last turn. It worked fine. No need to load them on ships just to move them to another orbit.

We used to be able to AC to any system in the known universe, that's what's been fixed. Need a ship to move them from system to system now.

Oh, a few turns ago I used a ship to move a LC 3 systems away, then did an AC from the WP, then warped back. No problem. Didn't have to NM to the particular orbit to drop them off.

I haven't tried doing an out of system AC since the rule change. I don't know what the 'bad' thing is, but I'd guess taking a shuttle into a WP without a jump drive is a good way to remove them from the game.

I just want to know if I can do a single AC order to move one leader from one place in System XXX to another place in System XXX without having to involve a Fleet

If you have a System XXX, you should have a lot of characters wanting to be assigned there! :o:cheers::blink:

So THAT'S where all the religious leaders are going and getting so inspired....... On occassion, one of my scientists also tags along I guess. On rare occassions they come up with an advance, grumble, grumble, need to get out the rack and start water boarding, grumble.

I did some in-system AC's last turn. It worked fine. No need to load them on ships just to move them to another orbit.

We used to be able to AC to any system in the known universe, that's what's been fixed. Need a ship to move them from system to system now.

Oh, a few turns ago I used a ship to move a LC 3 systems away, then did an AC from the WP, then warped back. No problem. Didn't have to NM to the particular orbit to drop them off.

I haven't tried doing an out of system AC since the rule change. I don't know what the 'bad' thing is, but I'd guess taking a shuttle into a WP without a jump drive is a good way to remove them from the game.

We HOPE the AC to anypace in the known universe was fixed. Several players were abusing that loop hole. When one player in an grouping (alliance, pirate band, galactic republic, whatever) discovered the HW of an opposing player, *POOF* the next turn multiple spies would appear on the HW from every player in the group. A very bad thing when most of the players had never even been NEAR the location, and lacked WP maps and routes to the system. If Pete has corrected the code, you can only do in-system AC's, from anyplace in system, to anyplace in system.

Of course, if you want to try to AC someone across the universe, please do so. I'd like to hear from someone on what happens when his warning is violated....

Illegal character assignment may result in Bad Things™ happening to them. They definitely don't want Santa to think they are being bad this year. Be sure that you're assigning characters to worlds in systems where the character is already present. --Pete :cheers:

Oh, by the way, you'll note the Bad Things is listed as Trade Marked. I'll assume this is Pete's doing. So be sure to send him some cash every time you use the phrase! :o

Oh, by the way, you'll note the Bad Things is listed as Trade Marked. I'll assume this is Pete's doing. So be sure to send him some cash every time you use the phrase! :python:

So how much did it cost? :cheers:

To trade mark? Next to nothing, if not nothing. For WKE235 to use it? Good question!

Octus

Can't even hit the refresh button since I know the turns won't be ready yet......

Oh, by the way, you'll note the Bad Things is listed as Trade Marked. I'll assume this is Pete's doing. So be sure to send him some cash every time you use the phrase! :python:

To trade mark? Next to nothing, if not nothing. For WKE235 to use it? Good question!

Octus

Can't even hit the refresh button since I know the turns won't be ready yet......

I'm not sure of the cost. All Pete did was ask me to sign some silly contract as a formality. And then it burned away in a puff of really stinky smoke. Strange, very strange....

Octus

I'm not sure of the cost. All Pete did was ask me to sign some silly contract as a formality. And then it burned away in a puff of really stinky smoke. Strange, very strange....

WKE, do you have children? Notice any missing as of late? :alien:

Octus

WKE, do you have children? Notice any missing as of late? :alien:

Nope, no kids. No animals either. Which is a good thing. The neighbors dogs and cats have been showing a nasty attitude of late, hissing and barking at me as I pass. I suspect it's all the weird weather. Lightning and tornados in January in Chicago will spook anyone. I even suffered a power outage of several hours. Good thing I managed to sign the papers just before the lighting struck nearby knocking out the power.