Rolling Thunder Forums

40cm Gauss Gun

rfouasnon

Has anyone researched down this particular tech path , and if so , what are the mats needed to construct this weapon?

Welcome

In this case the Gauss guns proceed 10cm, 20cm, 30cm, etcetera... You need to prior version researched to research the next. 30cm guns have Good Projectile strength and use Steel and Electronics. 40 cm moves to the next level, using Improved Steel and Improved Electronics (which requires Improved Refined Crystals and Improved Synthetic Materials). It's a Superior class Projectile weapon.

Thanks a ton....I was wondering at which point one would need the improved mats to make the weapon....getting up to 40cm should be easy for a startup , but then one has to be able to make the mats too...so added expense of setup points....again , thanks :nuke:

I used an ANZ order for that on my new position , but I am needing to know if I already need improved mats to make those...or even advanced mats....

With a post like this someone is going to shine you on.

And, come on! Welcome mats. Thats funny :nuke:

Your answer is ADVANCED

Information is all....if I can get the info , then I can plan along those lines....do you have something against my asking? When you start playing a game that is new , then in the first turns you can waste time / resources....I did that on my first position , not going do that with the second position....judging by your date when you registered for the forums , you have been playing much longer than myself , and already know all the answers . In four years I am sure I will know alittle more about the game , and not have to ask silly questions like this......but in the meantime , I will be asking stupid questions...sorry.....

Information is all....if I can get the info , then I can plan along those lines....do you have something against my asking? When you start playing a game that is new , then in the first turns you can waste time / resources....I did that on my first position , not going do that with the second position....judging by your date when you registered for the forums , you have been playing much longer than myself , and already know all the answers . In four years I am sure I will know alittle more about the game , and not have to ask silly questions like this......but in the meantime , I will be asking stupid questions...sorry.....

Stop, you are going to make me bust a croc :blink:

I do not believe there to be a stupid question. But you're going to have to be able to take the heat from some questions :D

And, REALLY!!!! Welcome Mats. Thats funny :nuke:

20cm already needs Improved.

Now I have access to the ANZ and it turns out, that it is ADVANCED what you need:

ANZ: 40cm Gauss Gun

40cm Gauss Gun: Gauss Guns accelerate projectiles down a long tube that often runs the length of a ship.

The projectiles are cased in steel, imparted a magnetic charge, and boosted toward the

target at fantastic speeds. A cluster of Gauss Guns fired all at once can either shred a

target with small or medium-sized projectiles.or miss entirely. There's nothing quite

like a hit from a battery of Gauss Guns, and weapons crews often refer to targets struck

in such a manner as being "de-gaussed", though it seems to be an inside joke since it

doesn't seem to make any sense to anybody other than a Gauss Gunner. (1,600 tons) 6,400

Advanced Steel - 1,600 Advanced Electronics

Classification: Weapon Range: Beam Structural Integrity: 1600

Prerequisite Technologies: 30cm Gauss Gun

Projectile Strength: Superior [25600]

================================================================================

=======================================

20cm already needs Improved.

Now I have access to the ANZ and it turns out, that it is ADVANCED what you need:

ANZ: 40cm Gauss Gun

40cm Gauss Gun: Gauss Guns accelerate projectiles down a long tube that often runs the length of a ship.

The projectiles are cased in steel, imparted a magnetic charge, and boosted toward the

target at fantastic speeds. A cluster of Gauss Guns fired all at once can either shred a

target with small or medium-sized projectiles.or miss entirely. There's nothing quite

like a hit from a battery of Gauss Guns, and weapons crews often refer to targets struck

in such a manner as being "de-gaussed", though it seems to be an inside joke since it

doesn't seem to make any sense to anybody other than a Gauss Gunner. (1,600 tons) 6,400

Advanced Steel - 1,600 Advanced Electronics

Classification: Weapon Range: Beam Structural Integrity: 1600

Prerequisite Technologies: 30cm Gauss Gun

Projectile Strength: Superior [25600]

================================================================================

=======================================

Dang it .. now I have to look through my old turns. For some reason I have 10/20/30 all with Steel and Electronics, and 40 with improved. I never build the things (just ANZ from one's I've found in explores). Hmm .. might be easier to ANZ the ones laying around. I wonder what I copied wrong and where.

Don't worry, eventually you'll find that if it doesn't require advanced materials, it isn't worth building. It will be awhile before you find anyone (let alone spongebob) so research the improved and advanced materials and you will have them before you know it.

Also, if you are hunting sponges, I'd suggest the thermal lances and for ground combat, the jet harpoon launchers. :nuke:

Don't worry, eventually you'll find that if it doesn't require advanced materials, it isn't worth building. It will be awhile before you find anyone (let alone spongebob) so research the improved and advanced materials and you will have them before you know it.

Also, if you are hunting sponges, I'd suggest the thermal lances and for ground combat, the jet harpoon launchers. :D

No No No. You want Heavy Jellyfish Nets when hunting sponges and pink starfish. Unfortunately they also require advanced materials. :nuke: