Rolling Thunder Forums

Greetings from a new player

B'tai Hazra

Is there a way to dismantle an item say a Mk I Jump Survey Sensor into it's component parts?

No. Although, I have been advocating a new structure - the Recycling Center - that can convert X tons of assembled components and, at a minimum, convert them into Y tons of Raw Resources. I propose that the ratio of X to Y be 5:4 - thus a Mk I Jump Survey Sensor at 5000 tons would convert into 4000 tons of Raw Resources. While not necessarily the most effecient use of components, it beats having them sit in my planetary warehouse doing nothing. There are only so many Neutrals out there to dump "junk" onto in the form of "gifts". :woohoo:

Plus, the Recycling Center can follow the Industrial Complex path (e.g. it starts at 250 tons of processing capacity per Center). From a programming perspective, the Raw Resource route is the easiest to implement, all you need to really care about is total tonnage and validity - you shouldn't be able to "recycle" excess Power into Raw Resources. Then just do the basic math; Total_Tonnage_Recycle * 80% = Raw_Resources_Gained (truncated). Huzzah! Now I can do something useful with all of the Primitive Artwork and Mineral Fertilizers I have lying around. :)

FWIW,

-SK :)

Huzzah! Now I can do something useful with all of the Primitive Artwork and Mineral Fertilizers I have lying around. :D

And coal. The Gods may know why we have such an abundant yet useless resource, but they've not yet seen fit to reveal it to our priests. We keep hoping someday we'll find the technology to turn it into diamonds, but it hasn't happened yet.

Huzzah! Now I can do something useful with all of the Primitive Artwork and Mineral Fertilizers I have lying around. :D

And coal. The Gods may know why we have such an abundant yet useless resource, but they've not yet seen fit to reveal it to our priests. We keep hoping someday we'll find the technology to turn it into diamonds, but it hasn't happened yet.

It can be used to power the dread Coal-Fired Power Plant. While the Coal-Fired Power Plant is not exactly on the top end of the power generation efficiency curve, it was useful back when I had small capacity frieghters and colony ships.

:D

-SK :ph34r:

We've been on hydro power since the beginning of time, so we've never needed coal. Ok, to be fair we use antimatter now because it's just barely more efficient than hydro, but we're working to dam up more rivers and fix that within the next couple cycles.

It can be used to power the dread Coal-Fired Power Plant. While the Coal-Fired Power Plant is not exactly on the top end of the power generation efficiency curve, it was useful back when I had small capacity frieghters and colony ships.

:drunk:

-SK :pirate2:

• 2 weeks later...
I would like the addition of a recycling center simply so I could reduce the length of planetary inventories...

Well, you can do that without any recyclying center. Simply load the unwanted items onto any cargo ship, and then JETT (Jettison) them into space. You'll never use them anyway. And that makes room on the planet for the jacuzzi you always wanted to add. :blink: