Rolling Thunder Forums

Greetings from a new player

B'tai Hazra

Hi,

My name is Peter and I'm new to both Rolling Thunder and SNROTE. I've been playing UK based PBM since the 80's and found out about SNROTE just a few weeks ago. It sounded like to kind of stuff that I would enjoy and now I'm awaiting my setup. :D

The Ataman of the Flagritz Republic might remember me as a Hive player from BSE: Phoenix.

I hope I'll meet some of you in the future. It's a big galaxy, sure, but who says that I intend to be a small empire... :blink:

What to do if I want to join the Yahoo group?

Cheers,

Peter

Hi,

My name is Peter and I'm new to both Rolling Thunder and SNROTE. I've been playing UK based PBM since the 80's and found out about SNROTE just a few weeks ago. It sounded like to kind of stuff that I would enjoy and now I'm awaiting my setup. :robot:

The Ataman of the Flagritz Republic might remember me as a Hive player from BSE: Phoenix.

I hope I'll meet some of you in the future. It's a big galaxy, sure, but who says that I intend to be a small empire... :blink:

Cheers,

Peter

Welcome Peter! :D

Welcome Peter! :blink:

Thank you. I'll add my empire contact information when I get my setup.

I know there is an e-mail list for SNROTE but I do not know who is in charge of it. Or is the mailing list dead?

Cheers,

Peter

Welcome Peter! :blink:

Thank you. I'll add my empire contact information when I get my setup.

I know there is an e-mail list for SNROTE but I do not know who is in charge of it. Or is the mailing list dead?

Cheers,

Peter

There is a pinned thread at the top of this forum. :D

Hi,

My name is Peter and I'm new to both Rolling Thunder and SNROTE. I've been playing UK based PBM since the 80's and found out about SNROTE just a few weeks ago. It sounded like to kind of stuff that I would enjoy and now I'm awaiting my setup. :robot:

Cheers,

Peter

Welcome Peter!!! Good to see a familiar UK BSE player!

In this game I run not only the Flagritz but the Hive and Wimbles! And I dont have to share the ships and colonies with anyone .... mwhaaaa :}

Supernova has a slower pace then BSE but there is alot more depth and you really get to build up your empire.

I hope you will enjoy it, for me its helped fill that BSE void without taking over half my free time! its a really great game to be involved in :D

I dont know about the yahoo group apologies :(

However if you need any help or info just let me know and Ill be happy to help a former ally! :]

take care

Miltiades :]

Thanks all of you! :robot:

In this game I run not only the Flagritz but the Hive and Wimbles! And I dont have to share the ships and colonies with anyone .... mwhaaaa :}

Yeah, I'm sure this game suit the Flagritz far more than BSE... :blink:

I first thought I would create some version of the Hive to play but decided to make something unique instead. Seems like a good choice if you already have an Hive empire. BSE had a tendency to seem more like a job than a game and I hope the slower pace of Supernova will allow me to enjoy this game more. And I can run my own empire! :D

I'm sure I'll need some help in the future... At the moment I am trying to build up a spreadsheet that can allow me to organise my production in detail. It's a good way to learn some more advanced excel functions.

Cheers,

Peter

Hi,

My name is Peter and I'm new to both Rolling Thunder and SNROTE. I've been playing UK based PBM since the 80's and found out about SNROTE just a few weeks ago. It sounded like to kind of stuff that I would enjoy and now I'm awaiting my setup. :pirate2:

I hope I'll meet some of you in the future. It's a big galaxy, sure, but who says that I intend to be a small empire... :D

Cheers,

Peter

Welcome to the galaxy. May you never make a production queu error. You would be the first...... :jawdrop:

Octus

Hi,

Cheers,

Peter

Welcome aboard Peter! :thumbsup:

In regards to your question about the Yahoo Group, it's pretty much dead and abandoned having been replaced by this board. You can e-mail folks who have provided their e-mail addresses through this board if you want to. You can also use the in game MESSage order to contact your neighboring empires as you find them.

As one of the SN:ROTE grognards - you've already met Hobknob and Kurassier :pirate2: - I will reiterate our offer to feel free to ask questions. We'll even answer most of them. :jawdrop: Although, some of our answers may be frustrating because it will start with the statement, "It depends ...". Due to the depth of the game, there is no "right" way to play, beyond having a good time. :D There are a few pitfalls to be avoided, like mining for Mineral Fertilizers (which do nothing ... yet) and building Cargo Barges instead of Cargo Bays. Not that I ever made that mistake, I've merely heard rumors of such things.

That's all I have for now.

Good Luck and Good Gaming,

-SK :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! I'm eagerly awaiting the results of my first batch of orders. It will be interesting to see if I got my production right... :wub:

Cheers,

Peter

Hmmm...cargo barges are needed if you want to build repair bays......I have heard some of the bigger ships have repair bays , but then that could be a fiction.....you never know....but cargo bays are always needed , probably more so than cargo barges