Rolling Thunder Forums

Alien Fleet Sightings

El Capitan

I didn't have any alien fleet sightings on any of my turns. Might not be too unusual except that I've always had some sightings that happen in a convoy route with some ships from a dropped empire. These sightings have been there for many, many turns and now nothing.

Anyone else have a similar problem this cycle???

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but perhaps something nasty has happened to the freighter ships?

Any other empires in your neighbourhood?

Some allies. But there were no sightings with them either in places that sightings should have occured.

I was missing Alien sightings also. Usually I get loads as my empires bump into each other.

If this is a fix to remove Fleet sightings for Total Alliances then that is great (really cut down number of pages down) however if this means potentially all Alien Sightings have not been registered then that is not as good! Alien fleets may be orbiting our homeworlds as we speak and we cant see them! :wub:

Although they cant see us either.... the ultimate defence! :}

I was missing Alien sightings also. Usually I get loads as my empires bump into each other.

If this is a fix to remove Fleet sightings for Total Alliances then that is great (really cut down number of pages down) however if this means potentially all Alien Sightings have not been registered then that is not as good! Alien fleets may be orbiting our homeworlds as we speak and we cant see them! :wub:

Although they cant see us either.... the ultimate defence! :}

Anyone else missing fleet sightings?

For one of my empires I may have thought it merely unusual to not see other fleets, but for another it is impossible unless something major has changed or something was broken this turn. :wub:

If something has been changed about alien fleet detection we need to be informed in advance. This would have big implications for defense, etc.

-LX

O.K., this now looks like it's a game-wide situation, not just a localized event.

Pete, this looks significant. This may have had a major impact on attack plans, defenses, battles, etc.

I know it's not something to jump into lightly, but we may be looking at having to rerun this cycle. I know a lot of players have been complaning about late turns but I'd rather have them accurate and "late", than get them on time with errors.

If this is a case of a rule change concerning sightings (no more sightings of Allies or something similar) we need to know ASAP. And if so, did this change go into effect as expected or were all sightings missed, even with declared enemies.

Any insight into this issue or a possible solution if it is a glitch???

Thanks in advance.

O.K., this now looks like it's a game-wide situation, not just a localized event.

Pete, this looks significant. This may have had a major impact on attack plans, defenses, battles, etc.

I know it's not something to jump into lightly, but we may be looking at having to rerun this cycle. I know a lot of players have been complaning about late turns but I'd rather have them accurate and "late", than get them on time with errors.

If this is a case of a rule change concerning sightings (no more sightings of Allies or something similar) we need to know ASAP. And if so, did this change go into effect as expected or were all sightings missed, even with declared enemies.

Any insight into this issue or a possible solution if it is a glitch???

Thanks in advance.

I agree with El Capitan - this is either a significant programming change that we should have been made aware of prior to it being executed or its a "glitch" that probably needs a rerun of this turn. Its important not to just see movement of declared enemies, but of unknown empires as well as allied empires.

Pete / Russ - Please let us know what is going on ASAP - can't plan next turn until we have a resolution.

Thanks!

Sighting of enemy units during convoy routes is definitely something that can happen, and can trigger battles just like in regular fleet movements. If for whatever reason some possible sightings didn't occur as expected this cycle, they didn't happen and without a sighting there definitely won't be a combat. I'll look into it for next time and will put some stop statements in the code for locations I know are hotspots to keep a close eye on convoy route execution.

No Alien Fleet Sightings of enemy, unknown or allied fleets were detected at all this turn outside my HW system so this is a major bug. I have XSENS fleets on all WPs and GGs up to 4-5 systems out from my HW and none registered during the turn proper as they should have and it is not just with convoys as you seem to believe from your post Pete, it is the turn proper and movement with fleets inside the turn proper.

/Locklyn

No Alien Fleet Sightings of enemy, unknown or allied fleets were detected at all this turn outside my HW system so this is a major bug. I have XSENS fleets on all WPs and GGs up to 4-5 systems out from my HW and none registered during the turn proper as they should have and it is not just with convoys as you seem to believe from your post Pete, it is the turn proper and movement with fleets inside the turn proper.

/Locklyn

Pete - I believe Locklyn to be correct. Over the last 10 turns, I've averaged just under 100 sightings per turn - roughly 20% of those are not in the convoy routes. This turn - one (1) sighting; from my limited data, it looks like the only sightings reported are those that triggered a Naval Battle.