Rolling Thunder Forums

Goodbye, Goodluck, and have fun

WKE235

After playing this game since it's relaunch 6 (or is it 7?) years ago, I'm taking my leave of the game. I have enjoyed the game and the board over the years. But in today's world where unemployment is 10+% (and real unemployment is 17.6%), I'm lucky enough to have a good job where they keep wanting me to do more and more (as I seem to produce good results). For the last 9 months, I've been playing mostly auto-turns, or turns to adjust the research queues and do simple maintenance. And there is no end in sight, at least until I retire (say in 2020) or screw up big time (and then I'd have no money to play). :)

So, I am leaving the game. My positions, # 2516 The Colony, #3343 Apshai, and #3833 Concordium are now sitting there, ready to be plundered. Oh, they have defenses sitting in place. I did not remove anything and hopefully the defenses are decent (since I did have the Mk I Flag Bridge and some advanced weapons like the Type A Spinal Meson Accelerator). No sense making this a cake walk for anyone. The computer will start processing through the resource piles on the planets (for example, there's over 10,000,000,000 of many resources sitting on each of the Concordium HW's). If you care to chance taking the worlds, have fun.

So good bye and good luck to you all.

After playing this game since it's relaunch 6 (or is it 7?) years ago, I'm taking my leave of the game. I have enjoyed the game and the board over the years. But in today's world where unemployment is 10+% (and real unemployment is 17.6%), I'm lucky enough to have a good job where they keep wanting me to do more and more (as I seem to produce good results). For the last 9 months, I've been playing mostly auto-turns, or turns to adjust the research queues and do simple maintenance. And there is no end in sight, at least until I retire (say in 2020) or screw up big time (and then I'd have no money to play). :)

So, I am leaving the game. My positions, # 2516 The Colony, #3343 Apshai, and #3833 Concordium are now sitting there, ready to be plundered. Oh, they have defenses sitting in place. I did not remove anything and hopefully the defenses are decent (since I did have the Mk I Flag Bridge and some advanced weapons like the Type A Spinal Meson Accelerator). No sense making this a cake walk for anyone. The computer will start processing through the resource piles on the planets (for example, there's over 10,000,000,000 of many resources sitting on each of the Concordium HW's). If you care to chance taking the worlds, have fun.

Best of luck and perhaps we will see you back again. You will be missed as an experienced SN sage and (often) balancing voice on the boards.

Octus

After playing this game since it's relaunch 6 (or is it 7?) years ago, I'm taking my leave of the game. I have enjoyed the game and the board over the years. But in today's world where unemployment is 10+% (and real unemployment is 17.6%), I'm lucky enough to have a good job where they keep wanting me to do more and more (as I seem to produce good results). For the last 9 months, I've been playing mostly auto-turns, or turns to adjust the research queues and do simple maintenance. And there is no end in sight, at least until I retire (say in 2020) or screw up big time (and then I'd have no money to play). :python:

Farewell Ken! See you on Facebook! Maybe the GSCE/SCINAT will try for at least a small slice of the pie... It will give me something to do ;-)

John

• 3 years later...