Rolling Thunder Forums

Whats Bond to do?

Locklyn

I've been wondering a long time what Special Agents do in this game. I have SAs on my HW where they sit inert and look into their black shades and tell me I'm not cleared to know what they're doing and then I have inserted SAs unto Advanced Neutrals where they apparently stroll around and then take siestas all day since nothing happens.

Now, what do Special Agents do or are they broken for now?

/Locklyn

At the moment, the secret agent code is not 100% 'in'. We have some great plans for them but, for now, just let them accumulate cool points and the occasional promotion.

Russ

:alien2:

EDIT - My note here primarily involves "special" action type of things involving secret agents. Some passive bonuses/benefits (exploration for example) are 'in' so you might notice a small benefit in such things but those are not the primary design purpose of the agents. You can put them to use on those type of missions for now but keep them handy for their primary uses down the road.

I don't know exactly, but I have quite a few of them. I had one aboard an EXPL fleet, just as an experiment. This past turn, the fleet carrying him was above a neutral alien that had buildings, and did 2 expl orders. I thought maybe the fleet would use his 'detective' skills. Both orders were successful and both found pretty cool things (pretty cool being defined as things I can't build :alien2: )

I don't know if he had any effect, but it is awful coincidental......

(the turn report did not say anything about my agent)

:cheers:

Martial Artists aren't as complex as Special Agents. They are primarily a ground-combat asset (special forces) so attach them to your armies and they'll put their moves on the enemy when they get the chance.

We are looking to expand them a bit so you might see Martial Artists doing some other things in the near future - breaking up a worker strike or something :cheers:

Russ

:o

• 5 months later...

Ah M'Lord Takeda...that would explain the sudden sprouting of Tentacles we've seen on our Special Agents, they have all claimed their innocense and said it was a freak genetic mutation, all the way out the airlocks to be honest :P

/Locklyn