Rolling Thunder Forums

Fighters and Drones

Landmine

OK...I have these Drone Racks and fighter bays. How do I fill them?

Does a bay need 100 fighters to fill it up? the ANZ of fighters indicate they are 100 tons and the bay is 10,000 tons so I assume I build 100 fighters to fill it. Thats my logic but the numbers just strike me as too high based on things I read in the forum. Building 10 fighters to fill a fighter bays seems to make more sense.

How do the numbers work for fighters and drones?

You are right...100x100 ton fighters for one fighter bay for the starting fighters...later , if you research the more advanced fighters , they become 500 tons each , so then it takes just 20 fighters to fill a fighter bay . Same with drones....starting drones are relatively small , and the more advanced drones weigh more ( and are much much more deadly ) .

OK...I have these Drone Racks and fighter bays. How do I fill them?

Does a bay need 100 fighters to fill it up? the ANZ of fighters indicate they are 100 tons and the bay is 10,000 tons so I assume I build 100 fighters to fill it. Thats my logic but the numbers just strike me as too high based on things I read in the forum. Building 10 fighters to fill a fighter bays seems to make more sense.

How do the numbers work for fighters and drones?

The (LC) load cargo order

it use to be that the only way to transport fighters and drones was to have a ship equiped with bays and racks. I can't remember if Pete allows them in cargo holds now.

Nope , drones and fighters cannot go into cargo bays . If you do EXPL orders , and find some fighters or drones , and just have cargo bays , you don't get them .

Thanx...good to know.

Also...........

I have been buiidlign stripmines and note my productivity is decreasing so there must be a formula for the optimum amount of stripmines. What would that formula be?

There is no limit to the production of Raw Resources via stripmines. They do take up 1 power per stripmine regardless of type.

Stripmine = 1000 RR (Raw Resources) and 1 power

Improved Stripmine = 3000 RR and 1 power

Advanced Stripmine = 9000 RR and 1 power

Not sure what you mean by a drop in production. If you can provide us some more information (without giving away empire secrets) I'm sure some one on the forum can provide a good answer for you.

Sakarissa :woohoo:

The Circle

There is no limit to the production of Raw Resources via stripmines. They do take up 1 power per stripmine regardless of type.

Stripmine = 1000 RR (Raw Resources) and 1 power

Improved Stripmine = 3000 RR and 1 power

Advanced Stripmine = 9000 RR and 1 power

Not sure what you mean by a drop in production. If you can provide us some more information (without giving away empire secrets) I'm sure some one on the forum can provide a good answer for you.

Sakarissa :woohoo:

The Circle

I built more stripmines and saw this result:

Turn B.....120,146 stripmines made 84,185,000 Raw resources for 700 RR/stripmine

Turn A.......85,000 stripmines made 74,185,000 Raw Resources for 872 RR/Stripmine

I am puzzled by this drop of productivity and as I type this I am aslo aware fo the rather strange numbers involved. Both produce Raw Resources that have 185,000 in the last 6 digits. Thats a weird coincidence, am I reading my report wrong????

I built more stripmines and saw this result:

Turn B.....120,146 stripmines made 84,185,000 Raw resources for 700 RR/stripmine

Turn A.......85,000 stripmines made 74,185,000 Raw Resources for 872 RR/Stripmine

I am puzzled by this drop of productivity and as I type this I am aslo aware fo the rather strange numbers involved. Both produce Raw Resources that have 185,000 in the last 6 digits. Thats a weird coincidence, am I reading my report wrong????

Hi Landmine,

Just in case you are reading the report wrongly, here's a clarification:

Stripmining production is listed in the Imperial Advisor Report: Event Summary at the end of your orders and will look something this:

- Stripmining Complex: xxx Raw Resources(s) were produced in Population Group # xxx

The amount listed in Imperial Stockpiles is what you have left after using any raw resources for producing base resources (e.g. additional Iron, Lumber etc. not extracted by mines).

Hope this helps and apologies if I am stating the obvious to you.

Hope this helps and apologies if I am stating the obvious to you.[/font]

[/size][/font][/size]

Thanks and it is not obvious to me so I could use the help.

All the resouces produced before stripmines come from various mines mills and are not converted from raw resources.

I have some conversion to Iron or Lumber after stripmines produce but they come from Raw Resorces already in my stockpile so I presume do not affect production of current Raw resources.

Pleae keep trying to explain this to me..........

In the PDF for Turn B In the ** Imperial Advisor Report: Event Summary ** section does it say:

"Stripmining Complex: 120,146,000 Raw Resources(s) were produced in Population Group # XXXX"

or does it say

"Stripmining Complex: 84,185,000 Raw Resources(s) were produced in Population Group # XXXX"

If it says that 120,146,000 Raw resources were produced and you have 120,146 Strip mines listed in the Colony Report then you don't have to worry, its just that some resources have been used that turn in production (you can use resources the same turn they are generated they don't have to be in your stockpile).

If it says only 84,185,000 Raw resources were produced and you have 120,146 strip mines check the section after the production bit that lists population growth, it also lists excess power if you have an entry of "Excess Power = XXXX in Population Group # XX Then your fine, if you dont have excess power then the reduced production in raw resources is due to the fact that only some of the mines are operating.

Hope that helps

If it says only 84,185,000 Raw resources were produced and you have 120,146 strip mines check the section after the production bit that lists population growth, it also lists excess power if you have an entry of "Excess Power = XXXX in Population Group # XX Then your fine, if you dont have excess power then the reduced production in raw resources is due to the fact that only some of the mines are operating.

Hope that helps

Yes, from how you described it, you built more Stripmines but don't have enough power produced to run them all. Check your power production and usage.

Hope that helps

Yes, from how you described it, you built more Stripmines but don't have enough power produced to run them all. Check your power production and usage.

thats It!

For 16 turns I have been running with a Energy deficit! My very first turn I stopped producing excess energy.

A bit stupid but in fairness to me....... Pete, shouldn't we get a report for deficits instead of the abscence of a positive report? I had no alarm my factories were closing from power consumpion issues. I like reports I can take action upon.

Along those same lines why isn;t there a summary total of the populion of my home planet. Why do I have to periodically add up all the population myself?

I also still do not like the fact I can't print out my turn when I do my error checking.

enough bitching.....I have to go build some fussion plants.

Hope that helps

thats It!

For 16 turns I have been running with a Energy deficit! My very first turn I stopped producing excess energy.

A bit stupid but in fairness to me....... Pete, shouldn't we get a report for deficits instead of the abscence of a positive report? I had no alarm my factories were closing from power consumpion issues. I like reports I can take action upon.

Along those same lines why isn;t there a summary total of the populion of my home planet. Why do I have to periodically add up all the population myself?

I also still do not like the fact I can't print out my turn when I do my error checking.

<g> Supernova has its quirks but once you get use to them you'll see its worth the little niggles for the overall experience :}

As for total population you can just do a ORB order and find out how many people are there, your defence fleet is always sitting in orbit and has 2AP's dying to be used :]

Hope that helps

thats It!

<g> Supernova has its quirks but once you get use to them you'll see its worth the little niggles for the overall experience :}

As for total population you can just do a ORB order and find out how many people are there, your defence fleet is always sitting in orbit and has 2AP's dying to be used :]

Your ground base can do an ORB if you move off your fleets