Rolling Thunder Forums

Superterran Star Kingdom of Rex

Glamdring

30 minutes ago, richardjohns said:

The last ones seemed pretty sane too until they began selling my information in game and harassing me via phone.

As a current Correction Officer in the State Prison,  I NEVER provide information to Prisoners.

My experience with the incarcerated has been positive.  I have a strict rule that all conversations are limited to game topics and e-mail only conversations.

i am sympathetic to their plight and if I were in their shoes (or stripes), I would find the mental diversions the game offers to be a lifeline.  

I also disagree with you that they always protect each other and gang up on mutual enemies.  In one experience, I found an intense rivalry between two individuals caused one of them to pass on secrets and maps that caused great harm to his friend with loose lips.  I was happy to benefit from this rivalry but it's just the nature of the game that the system can work against you.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya Nym. 

Inmates are inmates for a reason. I have no sympathy for them while in prison. Once they have paid their debt to society then I would be open to interacting. Until then it's Crush Kill Destroy! and if they are lucky I will feed their bodies to the Great Worms ?

Without wanting to get too political, the US has the highest rate of incarceration in the world (0.7% of all Americans are in jail), with almost a quarter of all prisoners in the world being Americans. Sentencing periods are generally a lot longer in the US than in other countries, especially with the three-strikes law. Some inmates no doubt deserve to spend decades in prison, but repeat offenders of petty crimes? 

Having said that, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and each county is entitled to handle crime in the way they feel suits their culture the best.

You are correct Lord Deependra but that little blurb (.7 percent of all Americans are in jail ) is not really correct. It's more like 1 percent and that number is adults not Americans.  You see here in the US a huge percentage of that 1 percent aren't really Americans they are illegal aliens. I personally don't count them as Americans just because they are here. By some estimates there are some 40 million illegals in this country or at least 10 percent of the total population !! <gasp>

When Mr Trump talks about a Great Wall he has good reason ?