Rolling Thunder Forums

Draco Tech Sharing

richardjohns

The Star Kingdoms goal is to finish all starting techs in Draco. I wanted to start a dialogue with any empire that has finished all starting tech in Draco. I am not interested in combined empires but one empire with all techs. My group is searching for any missing paths on the tech tree. We have finished about 1/3 of all known techs for Andromeda in Draco. It will be about another year before I am done with the starting set. I only have one research bonus so I am slow in this process. I will buying all the mental powers when they become available. 

Just throwing this out there, but because of the changes to research in Draco it might be tough to find one single empire that has researched all of those starting techs. With Draco research taking much longer to complete most empires are going to specialize. Empires looking to have powerful navies won't research lots of ground combat tech for awhile. Ground combat empires aren't going to go as heavily into naval research. People will focus on one or two weapons tech trees.

Some techs are just useless and are not worth the resources to research.  In Andromeda I have a near to core position that has a good RB and I still have starting techs that have not been researched, mostly ground techs but some other techs.  I am working through them now just because there is little else to research.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

well speaking from the perspective of someone doing their 5th turn this week, any insights into more versus less useful techs is appreciated.  I have done ANZ on anything that I can, so have some general ideas, but ideas without context are, well of variable value...

Thanks!