Rolling Thunder Forums

Weapons Research?

Tokmok

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...considering the resource cost to build a Type B Plasma torpedo I am not at all surprised it can't be one slotted :

Resources Needed for Component Construction: 25,000 Advanced Steel . 25,000 Advanced Synthetic Materials . 25,000 Precious Metals .25,000 Advanced Processed Radioactives . 25,000 Rare Elements

But just wait till you get to spinal or siege weaponry, ouch, would cripple our current economies to build them :beer:

/Locklyn

Well, at least all the items for the weapon you listed are materials. The Nuclear Transwarp Drive uses manufactured items. If you expand those manuafactured items into a base material costs you get:

25,000 Advanced Fuel

50,000 Improved Refined Crystals

50,000 Improved Synthetic Materials

50,000 Transaluminum

100,000 Refined Crystals

100,000 Synthetic Materials

50,000 Rare Elements

25,000 Steel

25,000 Processed Radioactives

All of that must be produced so you can build the items that will eventually go together into 1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive. Taking it one level lower to true resources, you need this to build one NTWD:

450,000 Crystals

225,000 Gaseous Elements

150,000 Industrial Chemicals

150,000 Petrochemicals

150,000 Light Elements

75,000 Iron

75,000 Radioactives

50,000 Rare Elements

And remember, we are only seeing the early weapons and such. Imagine as the game goes on how items with Superior ratings or bigger ranges or greater bonuses will likely be even bigger using many more resources.

"And Fusion Transwarp drives require MK II Force Shields to construct... ouch!"

I don't understand this. The pre-requisites only include the Mk I Force Shield, whilst the components are Mk IIs. (Yes I have the ANZ!) :beer:

You'll also notice that the item costs 5x the resources to build as compared to an NTWD, but only offers 20% more jump output. I believe this is an error actually, as all other items cost 5x the tonnage of the item in resources, but this costs 25x. It is way less cost-effective than an NTWD. Someone was supposed to ask Pete if he would correct this. Perhaps he already has.

- woolfe

Yikes -- since I supplied the FTWD analyze, perhaps I was supposed to ask Pete? I'll send him a mail. I remember after many group discussions we decided that there is likely two errors: Listed prereqs were wrong, and, build amounts required also had a mistake. Heck, it didn't make sense, calling for a total of 350,000 tons of material to produce 1 25,000 ton FTWD. You could build almost three NTWD for the same cost.

I just sent the mail to Pete.

Greetings Sha'thar, my friend and sworn enemy.

Sha'thar raises a brow quizzically. o O { Friend and sworn enemy?? That's a bit... confusing. } She guesses this is a bit like the ancient terran myth of Valhalla, where you war all day, and then share tales and brew in the Great Hall in the evenings, only to do it all over again? :thumbsup:

The Clan Eldress peers into a mirror, cat-vain, thinking that black flight feathers would contrast well against her head-fur, tied just under her ear... :woohoo:

• 2 weeks later...