Rolling Thunder Forums

System Commonwealth

MadMartinB

No complaints here :thumbsup:

So far, my neighbors are pretty cool.

Of course, one of 'em seems to be a dropped position :lol:

Here is what I predict:

Most players will be elated at first contact and completely willing to work with their first two or even three neigbors.

Once a union is set - the triage or quartet will set its plans on the unsuspecting fifth or sixth neigbor....who might have friends of his/her own by then.....

(fast forward) Neighborhood wars! The empires on the battlefront will sacrifice for the safety of the more inner empires who will eventually build up and kick ass in the long run.

/shrug

Ok :taz: So Nostradamus was more ecclectic.....and entertaining :P

Oh, Eternus,

How can you be so hurtful? :P

I am Cao Cao The Nice Guy. I am not a warmonger.

Cao Cao the Nice Guy represents niceness, friendliness, trust. :thumbsup:

I would urge all players to see this as an exploration, colonization and social game, not as a wargame. Everyone wants to be friends with their neighbors, do they not? :thumbsup:

There is no need to build warships. Consider their impact upon your neighbors when your First Contact with them is with one of your warships -- will they be able to trust you? If you have already built warships, then I urge you to scrap them and build other, peaceful, ships such as explorers/surveyors, colonizers and cargo ships.

Do as I bid, and the Universe will be a friendlier place.

Remember, I am your friend. :taz: If you cannot trust your friend, who can you trust?

Cao Cao The Nice Guy

:beer: Well after the last "3" months, I have had a few "Eye Openners" and without going into details..I was WRONG and I realize IT! Sorry one learns from their own mistakes, and it takes a bigger man to come forward and state it. Plain and simple I was wrong, and realize what is really import...call it learning something alongs life's path. Can anyone fault anyone for learning from a mistake and NOT repeating it again? Besides many of the real basic concepts are sound, just that somewhere along the way they got altered from my own vision.

All things change and develope in life as we LIVE and LEARN...

Sort of said what I was thinking.

Ignorance is lack of knowledge.

Stupidity is inability or unwillingness to learn.

Obviously people moving out of that category

is a possitive thing.

Now if this could extend to those who wish to eat everybody,

and their equally brilliant counterpart with the beer fixation.

Ah, any good deal is by definition a good deal as viewed by the

caller of good deals.