Rolling Thunder Forums

True character interaction

PhaseDragon

I was wondering if it is possible to capture characters from other empires and force them into service or just hold them in your Imperial Prison for ransom. Since there is no real "Currency" in the game then possibly extortion for items or information such as survey results on warp points....etc.

Other possiblilities exist for espionage as well. My curiousity has gotten the best of me so I am wondering if others have been thinking about this as well. Maybe we could even get a response from Pete or Russ on this.

There are some obvious "currencies" that can value an Item for trade or other purposes: how many Raw Resources it took to create the Item; or how many Industrial Complexes it took to create it (from Raw Resources to finished Item); or some combination of the two.

Alternatively, the two Empires can just negotiate their own terms, based on their own (desperate) needs/wants and surpluses! :thumbsup:

Limey O'Riley

England

I tell you what...the whole yield thing makes for some intriguing reverse economic analysis! (trying to figure out how quickly another empire is producing things)

How do you know if that super fleet was built using resources from a few high yield worlds or a dozen or so low yield ones?

Regardless - the product itself - the super fleet - iz goodzors.

I'll trade you all my Mk I class exploration ships for your Mk III based Star Destroyer :thumbsup:

I was wondering if it is possible to capture characters from other empires and force them into service or just hold them in your Imperial Prison for ransom. Since there is no real "Currency" in the game then possibly extortion for items or information such as survey results on warp points....etc.

Other possiblilities exist for espionage as well. My curiousity has gotten the best of me so I am wondering if others have been thinking about this as well. Maybe we could even get a response from Pete or Russ on this.

Agent actions are supposedly coming soon to an Empire near you. :taz:

Of course, if you capture my Leader, I'll send an Agent to either rescue or eliminate him before you can twist him to your diabolical ends. :thumbsup:

Hey now, Kitty, don't be greedy. There's plenty of Thamians to satisfy all apetites. Hmmmmm, an *STRICKEN* idea just occurred to me. How about I take all the Thamians and you can have all their Thamsos? Do we have a deal? *Ties a BBQ bib under his chin*

You'll of course need a Brewski with that meal! :beer: