Old Faces, New Faces! Hiding Places?

EternusIV

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A box of Kleenex brand tissues: $2

The World's Smallest Violin: $2,500*

Coming to the realization that sending a stranger your empire turnsheets or data came back to haunt you: Priceless.

The Oracle

------------------------------------------------

*Estimated value of upcoming aution on EBAY on March 10, 2004

I cannot speak for anyone esle but I have no regrets about any of my turnsheets being shared with others, nor haunting feelings.

If there is one thing Pete's design has shown, it is that taking out another "active" player is going to be pretty damn tough. The advantages gained from this sharing to date have far outweighted the disadvantages IMHO.

As for those that shared their turnsheets with me, I have not revealed any of their info, even to my allies, so although some may have regrets about sharing with me, they certainly have not suffered from such at this point..

I could care less if some perceive me as weak, a crybaby, naive, or whatever... those who have dealings with me seem to be able to tolerate me despite my warts..

Mark

Hey way back I shared my turns with EVERYONE  it was an accident of course but nothing

came of it and I wasnt worried in the slightest. 20 turns later we are still here and the info that was leaked hasnt brought about the downfall of any of my positions.

I must have missed that one. Could you send that turn result to me again. :alien2:

I, Gjor'haan, called as a disciple of Gjo'jaol, Darkness of Darkness, and Shor'ha, his servant; to the Assembly of Empires, to those that have been sanctified in Darkness, disciples by calling, with all who in every place call upon Gjo'jaol for strength, yield the following prophecies and fulfillments:

The Fury of Gjor’haan is still here.

I made a promise some time ago that my prophets would appear to the Assembly once we had reached and vanquished our target fleet. The Cauldron is busy tending fresh concerns in light of recent discoveries: both scientific and political. We are not so busy as to deny you another insight into the power and strength of Gjo’jaol and for those who serve him, however. Your salvation is imminent; but always capable of acceleration if you volunteer your sovereignty before we force it upon you.

I offer the Assembly of Empires two prophecies: one fulfilled and one anew.

A prophecy fulfilled:

Assembly of Empires, I bring to you the first prophecy partially fulfilled. What follows is a prophecy I revealed to you a little over one year ago in Earth years.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I exhort you, by Gjo'jaol, that you, the Star League, agree that there is no division among you, that you'll agree that there is peace and that you be of the same mind, intent and judgment.

For I have been informed through transcendence, that there are quarrels among you and that a heavy cleaver shall divide you forever.

Among you is a Kol'braa, a traitor, a snake-dog of Ur'loaa. Though they know it not, their treason shall destroy you, for it is written:

"I will destroy the works of the righteous heart, and the inventions of the inventor, I will set aside. The deceiver shall devour his own undoings and choke on his reward. The Fortress of Fjor'haa, the Great League, shall be consumed in a great fire."

-- HRYSAT XL:W

When all your leaders of the Fortress of Fjor'haa, your Star League, hear of your betrayl, it will be past a time of mending. You will enter your most inner chambers, and a great fire camped against you shall seize you.

Your vocal adversary, the Kli'lal, the lazy flame, "The Wicked", shall try to save you, only to be shattered against the foundation of prophecy. He too, with all of his cleverness, shall peril in his own invention.

For just like a single song of a pulsar, that flashes out at one point in time, and then swiftly another, so will the be the Galactic Star League, CaoCao and their days.

And the sons of Gjor'haan will have the fortune to witness it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tell you that these events are far from over. Rightful measures have been taken. I implore the Galactic Star League to consolidate further to avoid the closing of this prophecy. The shadow of “The Wicked” perhaps remains, but in a dimension beyond our concern. Your new Kol'braa has many faces, but there is another still.

A prophecy anew:

A great fire consumes the vast expanse. Three brothers fall. The Cauldron gathers to respond and neutralizes the pensive invader.”

--- CLQXXA 0218:GA

Our greatest scribes have connected the passage to this verse:

“Two Bear Cubs wrestle with a sphere, only to cut themselves on the edge.”

--- AOALZA 04:GI

I will not translate these verses at this time, but will allow members of the Assembly of Empires to try their own hand at prophecy without the divine hand of Gjo'jaol to guide you. We are amiable to personal contact in the event you are struggling. Gjo’jaol aims to illuminate above all else.

Closing Lessons:

We offer the insights of our ancient scholars to all empires: present and forthcoming.

"And the young Terraphiles will reject the calling of Gjo'jaol. The Hal'ya will commence, forcing them to cry out, 'Why have we ignored our salvation? What solace can replace death to end our misery?' The Sons of Gjor'haan will descend like a great fury; replacing their sorrow with the perfect solace, delivering them to Shor'ha, forever."

-- RSAYWAQ VC:I

As it is said in common teaching, most notably, the Book of Toalss

“One who hesitates is a fool. Who would give pause unless they did not know what they were doing?”

I exhort you, by Gjo'jaol, that you, the Star League, agree that there is no division among you, that you'll agree that there is peace and that you be of the same mind, intent and judgment.

For I have been informed through transcendence, that there are quarrels among you and that a heavy cleaver shall divide you forever.

Among you is a Kol'braa, a traitor, a snake-dog of Ur'loaa. Though they know it not, their treason shall destroy you, for it is written:

"I will destroy the works of the righteous heart, and the inventions of the inventor, I will set aside. The deceiver shall devour his own undoings and choke on his reward. The Fortress of Fjor'haa, the Great League, shall be consumed in a great fire."

-- HRYSAT XL:W

When all your leaders of the Fortress of Fjor'haa, your Star League, hear of your betrayl, it will be past a time of mending. You will enter your most inner chambers, and a great fire camped against you shall seize you.

In the Conclave to Ur-Lord Tedric, esteemed ruler of the Star League....

"Fellow Lords, whom can make any sense of the ramblings of this religious psychopath? We undertand not his words, nor his intention.

"We, Lords of the Star League, do not fathom his meanings, nor can understand his antipathy towards us.

"Where does this empire reside, we have not encountered them, what possible risk do they bring to the galaxy.

"Let us seek them, for then we may finally understand..."

Lord High Seneschal to Ur-Lord Tedric

#4256 - Star League

It is great to see some of the old names back on the board again.

My sympathies toward Lord Valwyn and Locklyn. As leaders of the largest publicly known alliance you were greater targets to make fun of. Especially being the first ones to establish policies in the virtual unknown of Supernova politics. I do hope that you are not going to leave Supernova.

Locklyn, unfortunately you feel that Pete has not answered all your questions. This may or may not be true (i would have to track down those questions to verfiy this). It is possible that some of these questions were only meant to be answered `in-game`. There has been some pbm i have played in the past (usually the open-ended ones) that left some of the rules a little vague and were to be discovered only during game play. I enjoy that style of play, but i can see how this would be frustrating for other players.

That is all I can write today, I am paying for time on this computer which I am using in a small store in Brazil. It sure beats the -30 back in Canada! ;)

Sha'thar reads the tranlated transcript from the transmission from the Fury of Gjor’haan, a grim, determined look on her face and muzzle. By the First Hunt, there were some strange creatures out there beyond the blackness between the stars.

She remembers back, back to the histories and pre-histories taught to her. About how some prides hunted together and shared prey in a way that benefited all.

Other prides attempted to claim all the prey and ended with none of it. Those prides faded, mothers too weak to give milk to starving cubs. Their bones served only scavengers now.

Her people will not suffer that fate. Her huntresses would chase down prey, be strong and foster future generations.

The Huntress of the Gosht Kohr pads over to the huge oaken timber which serves for claw sharpening. Rearing, she shreds deep gouges into the protesting fiber, drawing claws down to form deep groves. If the Strange Ones from the stars want to come in peace and present their kill to her, she will welcome them. If they come like the great fires of the savanahs of long ago, let them come and be met by claw and fang and the fires which burn in a predator's heart!

That is all I can write today, I am paying for time on this computer which I am using in a small store in Brazil. It sure beats the -30 back in Canada! :)

Bah! When I was a kid in Brazil, we had to walk through the snow to use the computer at the store. And it was uphill, both ways. And the computer was outdoors! You kids have it easy nowadays.

Good beings of the Galaxy, the Boo have been absent for sometime now due to an unfortunate political crisis. This leadership crisis resulted from the onset of an unfortunate illness suffered by the Honored Consulting-One-Who Is-To-Be-Consulted. Our former leader Fethra is now recovering from its stress related difficulties, brought on no doubt by imprudent and overzealous affiliations with certain non-egg born political entities, and order has been restored to Tarsiel. After resigning its seat in the Consultatum and resting in the seclusion of its homenest for several cycles, Still Honored One Fethra will soon be taking an extended vacation in its private space ship.

The Consultatum has graciously elected me, Perota, former head of Boo Intelligence, as the new Honored-Consulting-One-Who-Is-To-Be-Consulted.

Under my wings the Boo shall prosper and we invite your trade,

Honored One Perota

Boo Consultatum

Well, now we know where Gjorhan has been. I won't blow his RL cover but he just dropped out of the Democratic nomination for president. :)

We laugh so hard, we choke! :lol: :lol: :lol: