Rolling Thunder Forums

Mk I strategy

My prevailing theory is that as you advance in technology you can research other lower tech items faster. In that case it would be of even greater advantage to research up a certain tech tree rather than spread out across the board with MK I / beginning tech. My theory is based on the MDD cost of research for Mental Power races. The ones that bought up to 4th level at the beginning "seemed" to research the MDD's for the mental power quicker than an empire that only bought level 1 or just researched the 1st Generation Mental Power with research centers.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Phase but you don't get lower tech cheaper because you've researched higher ones...The cost is constant, you may be able to improve your ability to research things more efficiently but not to lower cost.

/Locklyn

Sorry Phase but you don't get lower tech cheaper because you've researched higher ones...The cost is constant, you may be able to improve your ability to research things more efficiently but not to lower cost.

/Locklyn

That would be my read, also. Did not have enough data points before my first mental power upgrade to know if there was a research advantage. This occurred before too many turns (using a slot one option perhaps less than optimaly). Now that some research and exploration data points have accumulated, perhaps the next mental power advance will help quantify any research/exploration advantages. I sure hope there are meaningful advantages! :P

Octus Imperium

(Also need an avatar. Any suggestions on how to acquire one?)

1. Go to www.google.com.

2. Click the 'Images' tab.

3. Type in what you want a picture of.

4. Look through the results to see if you like anything.

5. Type in a synonym of what you're looking for.

6. Repeat steps 4-5 until you have a stable of usable avatars.

As an example, I found the Zraaknod images by searching wasp, hornet, bee, and yellowjacket. The Thamians came from meerkat and weasel images.

1. Go to www.google.com.

2. Click the 'Images' tab.

3. Type in what you want a picture of.

4. Look through the results to see if you like anything.

5. Type in a synonym of what you're looking for.

6. Repeat steps 4-5 until you have a stable of usable avatars.

As an example, I found the Zraaknod images by searching wasp, hornet, bee, and yellowjacket. The Thamians came from meerkat and weasel images.

Many thanks. Now to go avatar shopping.....

Octus Imperium