Rolling Thunder Forums

Turn Costs

Locklyn

Most of the time, only 40 orders. But then again my race is pretty slow in the research area and still hasn't found anybody. I hope that I don't run into any of these "brains in a jar" that are compartively scientific gods doing 120+ orders a turn. :(

Also clear something up for me. What pagans iwere in Western Europe around around 1200? Thought the Crusades had cleared all those non-believers up? B)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the orders that I send in are about 40 orders, the last few turns were exceptions a couple were 80 orders and one was 120 orders (that was a first for me). New convoy routes were made, and some new planets were colonized; I was in a rush to get them started so I can devout more time to mapping out the rest of the universe.

Also clear something up for me.  What pagans iwere in Western Europe around around 1200?  Thought the Crusades had cleared all those non-believers up? :alien:

Between 1236 and 1283 Pope Honorius preached a "crusade" of extermination against the pagan Prussians, which was actually carried out by the Teutonic Knights. The Christian Brethren of the Sword similarly converted Livonia and Courland. Armies of the Christian Dukes of Poland forced the pagan Wends to accept Christian baptism and vassalage. The Lithuanians remained pagan up to the end of the 14th century, but eventually they too were Christianized by the sword.

After that, the only non-Christians in Europe were the Turkish invaders, who were stopped at the gates of Vienna in 1529 and again in 1681, and eventually driven out of Europe (except for Istanbul) by the uprisings in the Balkans about 100 years ago. Even today, some parts of the Balkans are Muslim.

Stay awake at the back there -- there'll be a test afterwards! :lol:

Limey