Rolling Thunder Forums

Starting techs

ali-t-akua

Jeez... LOL Are we still bringing up the whole 3 pt mental power crystal tech thing? Sheesh. Sounds like my wife still bringing up something from our Honeymoon.

Since I am a newbie, I brought up the question out of curiousity. I did not realize I was stepping in a big puddle of poo. My apologies to everyone. :rolleyes:

Jeez... LOL Are we still bringing up the whole 3 pt mental power crystal tech thing? Sheesh. Sounds like my wife still bringing up something from our Honeymoon.

Since I am a newbie, I brought up the question out of curiousity. I did not realize I was stepping in a big puddle of poo. My apologies to everyone. :cheers:

No need to apologize ... there are all kinds of landmines from the first year of SN:ROTE that you can step on. If you want to really get some folks cranked bring up Saved Research Points ... :rolleyes:

-SK :ph34r:

We still want to know what Octagon did on his honeymoon...

Btw, the word comes from the tradition of giving a newly-wed couple a month's supply of honey-wine, or mead. It was supposed to encourage fertility. DRINK MORE MEAD!

You had beds? All I had was a pile of sharp rocks to sleep on. Me dad would hit us with a big wooden stick at 3 AM to wake us up, and feed us dirt for breakfast. We'd then put on our shoes and clothes and run twenty miles to our jobs at the hazardous waste processing plant, where for 3 cents an hour we used our hands to pack waste into barrels for 19 straight hours. Then it was a twenty mile run back home, some gravel and dirt for dinner, and to bed on the rocks by 12 AM.

Well, we woke up late, had servants make us breakfast, hop in our private limo, went to school that had our name on it, were given $1000 per day just for being there, and slept in the most comfortable beds imaginable!!

oh, and we had our own brewery!!! :cheers:

Since I am a newbie, I brought up the question out of curiousity. I did not realize I was stepping in a big puddle of poo. My apologies to everyone. :(

No need to apologize ... there are all kinds of landmines from the first year of SN:ROTE that you can step on. If you want to really get some folks cranked bring up Saved Research Points ... :cheers:

-SK :ph34r:

How about a few more favorites:

1) Warp Points and JSS -- it apparently was not working as supposed to at game start and was eventually fixed. Suddenly everyone had to scramble to develop MK II and III JSS, as the old Mk I's no longer worked.

2) Cathedrals were supposed to require Improved Construction Material

3) Improved CM was supposed to require both Improved Steel and Improved Timber, but ... oops, forgot to set the timber requirement correctly in the description. So, Improved CM was changed to require Timber and improved steel.

4) Meterial mix-ups like above for many other items (all quickly corrected by Pete once uncovered).

5) Etcetera.... many more

Lot of errors early on. Some good for the players. Some bad. All fixed.