Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 74 on the board

heavyB

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:nuke:  By the way I am on a different computer and didn't sign in under my name.

Don  aka Halvdan the Swarty

You didn't want any Russian Vodka? :D

Denamark thanks you! :cheers:

Looks like it's about to get crowded in the north :oops:

Ireland- What took you so long in taking Birmingham? :blink:

Didn't want all that population to feed? :alien:

Have you seen the new French rock band playing London? Panther 5 :rolleyes:

Krysia's Krusader- What happend to the diary? :thumbsup:

Did your soldier find a camel to go awol with :cheers:

Anybody need oranges for the winter? :pirate2:

Ireland- What took you so long in taking Birmingham? :unsure:

Didn't want all that population to feed? :P

The Brits put up a nice fight. 18 divisions behind heavy fortifications and taking replacements every turn. :angry2:

Have you seen the new French rock band playing London? Panther 5 :pirate2:

I hope that I don't have to anytime soon. :cheers:

But if I do I'll be sure to bring my Birmingham band, the rolling T-34s. :woohoo:

Templar of Ireland

• 1 month later...

:woohoo: My Danish brothers have decided to have a little contest with us. It is a good thing to do in our very harsh winter. I hope SOME of your sailors surrived the freezing Baltic after their ships sank. I will see if I can send some of their mates on the landing crafts to visit. :thumbsup:

Halvdan the Swarty :pirate2:

• 4 weeks later...

:wub: We vikings of the north appreciate all the firewood the Danes are sending north. Too bad most of it is burning before it makes it to shore. By the end of this fornight upwards of 10000 ship points to the bottom of the Baltic. I hate to see so many good men wasted.

How are ours bothers to the south doing? I see from the world events the central coalition is not going to be an automatic victor. To our southern brothers. :cheers:

Halvdan the Swarty

We are enjoying the nice warm weather that the Southern Med has to offer at this time of the year. That weather attracts people from the North as well but some of which seem to have questionable motives as they "inadvertently" attempted to stray into Turkish militairy compounds over the last couple of months.

Apart from that, nothing much is happening down South for the moment. Saudi had to drop so it is now under new management. Swiss was able to profit from that temporary lack of leadership (really good timing from the Swiss) but as everyone in this game can read from the RWE list, Saudi is up and running again.

Enough said for now, time to head back to my beach villa and enjoy some more sun.

Calamaran.

We are enjoying the nice warm weather that the Southern Med has to offer at this time of the year. That weather attracts people from the North as well but some of which seem to have questionable motives as they "inadvertently" attempted to stray into Turkish militairy compounds over the last couple of months.

Apart from that, nothing much is happening down South for the moment. Saudi had to drop so it is now under new management. Swiss was able to profit from that temporary lack of leadership (really good timing from the Swiss) but as everyone in this game can read from the RWE list, Saudi is up and running again.

Enough said for now, time to head back to my beach villa and enjoy some more sun.

Calamaran.

Do we get an introduction to your new ally? :ranting:

I was expecting a mistake or two from Herbie, but now what can I expect? :P

You've done well in Southern Russia :ph34r:

We'll see how well your new ally does. :D

Here's to a good last third of the game :ph34r:

Yes, I am sure he will introduce himself... sometime. :alien:

One or two mistakes over 20 turns from him? You are putting your estimations on the high side, are you not? :ph34r:

As far as what to expect from my new ally: Ah... that would be telling, wouldn't it. Time itself will tell. :ranting:

Yes, mopping up in the North Eastern and South Eastern parts of SR as we speak. Not that there was much opposition so I was able to make quite an advancement. :ph34r:

Knowing my new and for now, secret ally: Should be fun to watch his progress on the fields of battle. :D

I will join you in drinking to a good third part of the game. Cheers mate!

:P

Calamaran.

• 3 weeks later...

:cheers: We love our brother vikings from across the sea, why should we want not to be friends? Yes we know you are bigger having conquered vast areas without out leaders. You may have noticed that is not true across the Baltic. While your armies are much bigger I am sure I am not sure your airforce is.

Your navy might have been at one time but most it seems to be at the bottom of the sea.

50 fighter groups seem to have discouraged yoour bombers. I am not sure why my fighters let your transports throough but I would not keep trying. :drunk:

Halvdan the Swarty :beer:

GREETINGS

From the warm and sandy shores of Saudi Arabia...... :cheers:

Just dropping a note in a bottle for all the nations to know who I am. :blink:

Some of you I have seen earlier in the game when I was the president of the United States. But since my term expired, I had retired to a non political life..... :ph34r:

So while sailing in the atlantic, on my Queen Mary, I manged to have too many drinks.... :ph34r: Falling overboard, and since I was no longer needed, no one missed me.... :ph34r:

After many months adrift, I arrived in the warm med, finally reaching the shores of a Very warm Saudi Aribia. :cheers:

Just in the nick of time Too.... :cheers:

as my dear friend Herby, the most exulated Ruler of all the known desert, needed to take care of some family issues outside of saudi arabia. He asked me to take care of his land and his people. But most importantly was to continue his dream of uniting all the desert people and others to be named later into one common community. This way ensuring all the people under his rule would have everything they would need to live peacful and happy lives.

Granted we will have to fight some to make this dream come true, but nothing is ever free or easy. So to all that Oppose us - Namely Swiss Cheese Land :ph34r: - you will be dealt with :thumbsup:

To all others that might want to join this band of brothers, let me know.... :cheers:

Stand in ruler of the Desert, former ruler of the atlantic Ocean.

Your very Humble......... :thumbsup:

DezertCamel :cheers:

:thumbsup: The True vikings of the north ( as opposed to the fellow in Denmark who thinks he's Napoleon) welcomes the Desert Camel. As the old saying goes "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" we very much want to be your friends. As Herbi may have told you there are only 7 nations active. The central coalition of France, Denmark and the Swiss. The northern alliance between Ireland and Norway, Turkey and you.

WE ARE THERFORE YOUR FRIENDS if you will have us. The central coalition is strong but we are not about to go down without a fight.

IN THE SURE AND CERTAIN KNOWLEDGE OF VICTORY!

Halvdan the Swarty, (a viking leader in the 1500's that united various northern peoples into Vikings of lore)

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings Denmark,

I would like to thank you for declaring war on me, it saved me an order and moral points. :ph34r:

Now that we are at war, I think the swiss player could use your large airforce (1 bomber group). Since it appears he has some openings in his own airforce at this time..... :D

So welcome aboard...... :thumbsup:

Let's not forget france, we too, will soon meet as well (somewhere around Gibraltar). :blink:

Your southern friend...... :thumbsup:

DezertCamel :robot: