Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 74 on the board

heavyB

Greetings Denmark,

I would like to thank you for declaring war on me, it saved me an order and moral points. :ph34r:

Now that we are at war, I think the swiss player could use your large airforce (1 bomber group). Since it appears he has some openings in his own airforce at this time..... :D

So welcome aboard...... :thumbsup:

Let's not forget france, we too, will soon meet as well (somewhere around Gibraltar). :blink:

Your southern friend...... :thumbsup:

DezertCamel :blink:

I think closer to Algiers. And it is meet again. :robot:

You have caused each of our team great loses in several different games. :ranting:

This Victory will be so sweet!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ph34r: Well Desert Camel it appears we have played in only one game before, 58. I see you were Italy I was Central Russia. Got lucky and won!!!! I have been in 55, 58, 64, 68, 72 and am currently in 74 and 78. Since we are on the Propaganda page I guess I can blow my own horn-----I finished every game and won two and waiting for the results of 72 but think we won that as well. It will be hard to win this one but I think Denmark will have a hard time overcoming 137 fighter groups protecting the north shore of the Baltic. :D

Bring on another invasion attempt. Oh by the way are we losing a few planes parked on the tarmac at xViborg?

Halvdan the Swarty aka Don Link

I think closer to Algiers. And it is meet again.

You have caused each of our team great loses in several different games.

This Victory will be so sweet!!!

I am glad I have made you and your allies have fun in other games..... :D

I mean it would be boring fighting static divisons all the time. :robot:

And you are correct --- This victory --- will be very sweet indeed

FOR ME and MY ALLY

So sit back and enjoy the carnage yet to come..... :ph34r:

DezertCamel :thumbsup:

I am glad I have made you and your allies have fun in other games..... :D

I mean it would be boring fighting static divisons all the time. :blink:

And you are correct --- This victory --- will be very sweet indeed

FOR ME and MY ALLY

So sit back and enjoy the carnage yet to come..... :robot:

DezertCamel :robot:

Ah, the carnage. I just love the sight of abandoned Danish positions in the evening but the carnage on the Danish part was kinda disappointing. It would seem that after the initial Danish attack, we both flinched and retreated. :D

It was unfortunate that KK had to pull out, as he did rather well (to use an understatement) for his first game of Victory. Of course, he had an excellent teacher untill started to teach himself :pirate2:

Got me an excellent replacement though. :thumbsup:

On to Victory now, no need in stopping anymore. I may end up in xBerlin before the end of the game after all.

Calamaran.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear Switzerland,

I gravely mourn your loss of most of the swiss cheese navy, I would recommend that you stay a landlocked nation and do not attempt sailing the dangerous waters of the med. :drunk:

Dear France,

:beer: WAR!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

So don't try running away, your troops will only die tired. :cheers:

Denmark - :blink: has anyone seen denmark :blink:

If found please return to the rightful owner, for it appears the current one is dazed and confused. :angry2:

Next stop Rome, Gibralter and maybe even Paris, summertime in Paris (don't stay at the Hilton - It's been used) :woohoo:

From the warm sands of the dezert, your friendly, good neighbored

DezertCamel :robot:

Swiss: Feel free to place all of your remaining airforce next to my territory. My forces were very pleased to find those brand new 1,500 JU-88's at xVarna. Better start over building them... again.

My forces have nearly completed sightseeing Bulgaria and although they like the hills and friendly population it is time to move on again. You can keep those ss king tigers where they are, it won't take long before I catch up with them if you attempt to run. :D

Denmark:

Well? Ready yet? Or do I have to come and find you? :pirate2:

France:

Just making sure no French provinces pop up on my road to Berlin. :D

Saudi:

I'll race you to Paris, whoever gets there last pays for the fuel. :cheers: (note to self: stay out of the Hilton).

Calamaran.

• 5 months later...
Hey, Dezert Camel and Calamaran. You seem to have silenced everyone on this forum. Too bad it goes quiet when someone runs away with a game. Great job guys and I am sure you will repeat in 75 in a few more turns.

They have done quite well in kicking our behinds

Hey, Dezert Camel and Calamaran. You seem to have silenced everyone on this forum. Too bad it goes quiet when someone runs away with a game. Great job guys and I am sure you will repeat in 75 in a few more turns.

They have done quite well in kicking our behinds

Thank you. But...

It is kicking and getting kicked back, really (although we seem to be kicking a little harder). The game may end in a couple of turns but the war for Central Europe could have lasted for at least another 10 or 15 more if you ask me. Denmark and Swiss have thrown up a good defense in Poland and the Balkans and are contesting every piece of land we take from them. Not to mention sneak attacking my rear guard lines in Central Russia. We move forward but not very fast and there are hardly any easy won victories.

Still, I think I can claim control over the Balkans now with the destruction of the Swiss SS King Tiger army at xMako and the Turkish air show over xKragujevac last turn.

I am not going to make it to xParis or xBerlin it seems so xVienna and xWarsaw will have to do I suppose.

Calamaran.

• 1 month later...
One more turn to go and the war will be over.... :blink::drunk::drunk:

Here's to the few survivors......... :cheers::o

DezertCamel :cheers:

Peace in our time. And there will be much rejoycing. Who would have thought...

Fortunately for us DezertCamel, it is a peace mostly on our terms. :cheers:

I really enjoyed this game. Thanks everyone who helped making it what it was.

Calamaran.

One more turn to go and the war will be over.... :blink::drunk::drunk:

Here's to the few survivors......... :cheers::o

DezertCamel :cheers:

Peace in our time. And there will be much rejoycing. Who would have thought...

Fortunately for us DezertCamel, it is a peace mostly on our terms. :cheers:

I really enjoyed this game. Thanks everyone who helped making it what it was.

Calamaran.

Sorry I didn't make it more interesting.

That Irish nut has been hard to crack.

Dezert Camel- I've seen enough of you.

I hope you aren't planning to be in 82.

You been our bane in 69, 75 and now here in 74.

Not sure I could praise you any better.

:jawdrop: Well all I can say is I think I am a survivor!!!! Not much else. Denmark and France came to fight and we only survived because of the southern attack. It was a good game the whole way and my hats off to the victors!!! :cheers:

<_< we tried to unite the vikings as of old and managed to colonize the Newfoundland Island but for our friends in Denmark the Halvdan of old would have succeeded in his goal. :(

Halvdan the Swarty