Rolling Thunder Forums

Off Loading toops

Lord Uriel

Greetings Gentlebeings,

I am experiencing a moment of brain freeze and I can't recall, nor find what is the proper order to use in unloading troops from a ship to a pop group. Is it simply OC?

Confused,

Lord Uriel

Correct - Offload Cargo into a pop group, create an empty army at that pop group, then DIV the troops into the army.

Pete,

Does this mean that I should not load troops onto transports as an army? If I understand correctly, I should load troops from the pop group as cargo, NM, WARP to the location, OC troops as cargo, NEWA, and then DIV?

Here's question that comes to mind.

I'm attacking a planet with the intent of landing troops. I remove all opposition fleets and put down a colony beacon.

I OC troops into the pop group and the next orders are NEW, DIV and GATK. But orders are done in a random sequence, so the defender takes a chance and does ten GATK orders throughout his orders, and goes before my NEWA, DIV and GATK can take place.

Do my troops who are not in an army have the chance to defend themselves?

If not, are they now captured as items in the pop group by the defender?

Still confused,

Lord Uriel

Pete,

Does this mean that I should not load troops onto transports as an army? If I understand correctly, I should load troops from the pop group as cargo, NM, WARP to the location, OC troops as cargo, NEWA, and then DIV?

Here's question that comes to mind.

I'm attacking a planet with the intent of landing troops. I remove all opposition fleets and put down a colony beacon.

I OC troops into the pop group and the next orders are NEW, DIV and GATK. But orders are done in a random sequence, so the defender takes a chance and does ten GATK orders throughout his orders, and goes before my NEWA, DIV and GATK can take place.

Do my troops who are not in an army have the chance to defend themselves?

If not, are they now captured as items in the pop group by the defender?

Still confused,

Lord Uriel

Troops loaded onto a fleet from an army end up as cargo anyway on the fleet, so loading them directly from a pop group is fine.

On the invading world, your troops will defend themselves in their pop group, so mass GATK's from the defender are pointless. A rare instance of GM need would be a defender submitting mass GATK's to try and clear your empty pop group before you land troops; in that case I can intervene to make sure your troops get down. That would just be a mechanics exploit, pointless.

Once you have won the battle. Create a new army and either transssfer what you want to move or leave into the new army and do an EAF with which ever army you want to pick up. (cossstsss 1 AP to do an EAF versssusss a LC cossstsss no AP)

Note you can EAF an army that attacksss in the sssame turn asss long asss no resssissstance isss met.

-CTO Sssarasss