Rolling Thunder Forums

what is your armor primarily designed to deflect?

athonian

what is your armor primarily designed to deflect?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my humble opinion, there is no point in investing heavily in ANY specialized defensive system unless you have some indication as to what offensive systems your opponent (or planned opponent) is using. So I put nearly all my effort into defensive systems that will work against EVERYTHING: hull armor and force sheilds.

Depending upon how many RCs you have sitting about with absolutely nothing better to do, you might chose to make exceptions for defensive systems that operate against multiple system types, or against weapons which you judge to be so popular that nearly everyone has them. Examples might be EDAC or CIDS.

TErnest

(aka Arcane Services, Inc.)

If I were Ron Artest, I'd want armor that defended against full cups of beer. (So I voted for Cold weapons) 

Really, throwing beer? I hope HBOB will take action on this flagrant disregard for beverage integrity.

Actually, we make make Ron Artest an honorary General. Did you see the way he went after that guy for wasting beer?!?!?! :D

Of course if someone wasted beer like that, they obviously didn't get it from us! :D:thumbsup:

Speaking about not getting something from you, WHERE is my paid for BLOODWINE???

You should talk to your Minister of Acquistions, we delivered it to him 3 weeks ago!! :drunk:

As for the poll, my defenses are designed to deflect polls. :ph34r::cheers:B)

I bet even Krelnett researches defensive systems.

Why would we do that? This "war" thing you all keep speaking of is obviously an elaborate practical joke, as no sentient race would engage in such a frivolous and wasteful activity when there's plenty of space and plenty of worlds available for everyone.

On the other hand, after we developed a containment field for our transwarp drives, we realized we could turn it outward to help protect vessels from random asteroid impacts.

Why would we do that? This "war" thing you all keep speaking of is obviously an elaborate practical joke, as no sentient race would engage in such a frivolous and wasteful activity when there's plenty of space and plenty of worlds available for everyone.

Of course all sentient races know that there may be less sentient races shall we say that possess the ability to engage in this distructive activity and so are prepared to defend themselves. Whilst I plan for Peace I prepare for War.