Rolling Thunder Forums

So whats happening?

Locklyn

I would agree with Lars as to the issue relating to newcomers. As many of you know, I am on the Forums occasionally :cheers: As a result, I keep pretty updated on most things that are here. Lars' point, for those that care to actually read it, is not that he isn't up to date, but that he believes that many newcomers won't sign up, because you just can't get the information you need by reading the rules.

I'm one of those players that doesn't need every rule spelled (probably because I've been in since day one) out to enjoy the game, but a lot of people do, especially newcomers. In fact, if I was looking at the game for the first time today, I would probably NOT have joined, because I would at least want the rules as a framework for me. Heck, I'm one of those silly people that actually paid RTG for a Rule book, that was obsolete by the time I read it.

Sooooo, it would probably be in RTG's best interest to revise and update the rules so that more newcomers would want to join the fun. :cheers:

Now, I also seem to have a different take to these forums, because as far as I know, I have nobody that 'hates' me. :santa: (if there is, please email me and we can sort things out) so I can read all of these 'anti-<insert your favorite here>' with an unbiased view point. I would certainly hate to see Lars or anybody else drop out of the game because of comments on this board. ( I of course forgot about the accursed Bovine Hegemony who WILL be destroyed and converted into McBovine burgers, but if I met the Gent in person, I'd probably buy him a beer or two to make up for all the shipping he's lost. :holiday: )

Anyway, to make a short comment long, I enjoy reading all of the posts, even those that don't directly apply, as part of my enjoyment of the 'game'.

Final note, Pete/Russ, keep sluggin along as always, and update us the best you can. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! :beer::cheers:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because as far as I know, I have nobody that 'hates' me.

You forgot Kahless. Of course if you delivered the Bloodwine you promised I am sure he would forgive you.

As for Locklyn's comments, I have to agree regarding the rulebook. As a nbewbie I was (and still am) very appreciative of the efforts by the majority on this board to help me understand how this game worked. However, I think an update to the rulebook would be great and would save time for everyone.

Let me also add that I think very highly of what Russ and Pete have done and I do believe that they have tried to provide great customer service so I would like to reiterate the question ShadowKitsune asked a few days ago.

"Russ/Pete, what can we, the player community, do to help you?"