Rolling Thunder Forums

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No TA's? LOL I do hope you were being sarcastically funny.

This game is more about "How can we work as TA's without that technical ability". IMO this experiment was a failure from the purist viewpoint. Of course I could be wrong, but I'm inclined to think: The end game winner will more likely be the one who manipulates others the best, back-stabs the most, or has the most "friends" from the get go (or a combination). While that can work (unfortunately) in a regular game, we'll see it all the more, with less pretense of honor.

I hear you guys. My comment was just a personal observation. My gaming desires are reserved and experience limited, as this is the second game I'm in for recent history. Things seemed a bit different in the community over 12 years ago.

If I ever took USA or Canada, I'd go the route of mano y mano. At least the first quarter of the game would be exciting. If you come out the victor, you've got a better war machine to do the puddle jump, than sharing the same resources. I had Canada and USA as several of my requested nations for 96, but obviously wound up with GB. Close to the continent lent to a different strategy.

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-96t25.png

- Czechoslovakia has conquered the whole of Austria. Where to go next?

(Whoops, that should have been Hungary. My bad)

- Southern Russia takes its share of Central Russia

- Sweden DW Italy. Huh?

Obviously a Freudian slip.

I know Freud was born in Czechoslovakia and was counted as a citizen of the Austrian-Hundgarian monarchy, but the answer is probably no.

It is just a mix up of game #96 and #97.

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-96t25.png

- Czechoslovakia has conquered the whole of Austria. Where to go next?

(Whoops, that should have been Hungary. My bad)

- Southern Russia takes its share of Central Russia

- Sweden DW Italy. Huh?

Something strange about Finland's...penetration.

• 2 weeks later...

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-96t26.png

- Iceland has be moved into a corner where it is impossibke to remain neutralk without antagonising someone. SO.....
We choose to help Great Britain and its friends against threats to their territorial integrity.

- About central Russia and the way its enemies are penetrating it. Eh. Change the subject.

- Denmark / Austria / Tunisia still active?