Rolling Thunder Forums

Ken Rozhon

RTGRuss

A moment of sadness for us all I'm afraid.

I just received news that Ken Rozhon has passed away.   Ken had been with us, playing Victory!, for as long as I can remember - over 20 years and was always a good player, a good competitor to his game opponents and a good friend to his allies and the people that knew him well.   The world always feels diminished when we lose a good person and tonight is no exception.   Prayers for his family at this difficult time and for his close friends as well.  

Rest in peace Ken.   Thanks for all the good times and memories and we'll see you on the other side.

Russ

I am not sure anymore if I played with or against him...Sorry.
But I definitly know his name. 
RIP

My best friend and gaming partner. I’m thankful to Victory for the people I’ve met and the relationships that  I otherwise wouldn’t have had. Ken was like a brother to me and leaves a void that can’t be filled. 
RIP my friend this game will never be the same without you...

He will be missed, I just checked the survivors records and I first played Ken in game 58 then three more times. I never fought against him except in game 58 when I was Central Russia and he was playing Czechoslovakia. How long ago was that??????? Don  

Hello, everyone.  It has been many years since I was last here.  But the subject warrants a return.

Ken Rozhon and I have been friends since childhood, pretty much right after diapers.  Up until high school, we switched off staying overnight at each other's house.  We would play Army in the back yard, until we "graduated" to board games like Avalon Hill and SPI.  

Adulthood took us our own way.  I enlisted in the Army, while Ken went to work as a driver for the Riverside Press-Enterprise newspaper.  He was one of my groomsmen when I got married, but I don't think he was exactly happy I did.  Years later, when my wife and I split, I stayed with Ken for 4-5 years.  That's when I got involved with Victory.

Though we lived in the same mobile home park, Ken and I didn't see much of each other.  The last time I did see him was about 3 weeks ago.  I'm recovering from open heart surgery, and the surgeon doesn't want me driving yet.  Ken took me to the clinic to get some blood drawn.

The last time I spoke with him was a week after that.  I asked about taking me to the lab, and he said, "If I'm up to it."  I interpreted that the wrong way.

That week, John Bierle sent me a friend request on Facebook.  I recognized his name, and accepted.  He said several people had been trying to contact Ken with no success.  So I got out my walker, and went to his place.

First I noticed that his red Toyota truck wasn't in the driveway; another car was.  I went inside, and found his grandniece cleaning up.  She's the one who first told me the Ken died.

His brother later told me he found Ken, in his underwear, sitting in his recliner; it looked he's been there several days.  He called 911, and Ken was take to Loma Linda University and put on a ventilator, but by then it was too late.

I don't know what killed Ken; at the moment, it's tentatively listed as "total systemic failure."  I do not know when his funeral will be.  I do know that his body will be cremated, and he will be buried alongside his parents at Montecito Cemetery in Colton CA.

Dear Sven Drake 

Thank you for your for sharing this Information regarding Ken and your common childhood and shared live. What age did Ken reach?

Greetings. 

On 8/14/2020 at 12:26 PM, Sven Drake said:

Hello, everyone.  It has been many years since I was last here.  But the subject warrants a return.

Ken Rozhon and I have been friends since childhood, pretty much right after diapers.  Up until high school, we switched off staying overnight at each other's house.  We would play Army in the back yard, until we "graduated" to board games like Avalon Hill and SPI.  

Adulthood took us our own way.  I enlisted in the Army, while Ken went to work as a driver for the Riverside Press-Enterprise newspaper.  He was one of my groomsmen when I got married, but I don't think he was exactly happy I did.  Years later, when my wife and I split, I stayed with Ken for 4-5 years.  That's when I got involved with Victory.

Though we lived in the same mobile home park, Ken and I didn't see much of each other.  The last time I did see him was about 3 weeks ago.  I'm recovering from open heart surgery, and the surgeon doesn't want me driving yet.  Ken took me to the clinic to get some blood drawn.

The last time I spoke with him was a week after that.  I asked about taking me to the lab, and he said, "If I'm up to it."  I interpreted that the wrong way.

That week, John Bierle sent me a friend request on Facebook.  I recognized his name, and accepted.  He said several people had been trying to contact Ken with no success.  So I got out my walker, and went to his place.

First I noticed that his red Toyota truck wasn't in the driveway; another car was.  I went inside, and found his grandniece cleaning up.  She's the one who first told me the Ken died.

His brother later told me he found Ken, in his underwear, sitting in his recliner; it looked he's been there several days.  He called 911, and Ken was take to Loma Linda University and put on a ventilator, but by then it was too late.

I don't know what killed Ken; at the moment, it's tentatively listed as "total systemic failure."  I do not know when his funeral will be.  I do know that his body will be cremated, and he will be buried alongside his parents at Montecito Cemetery in Colton CA.

Thank you for sharing.

It looks like Ken was 63.  Here is the Obit:

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/colton-ca/kenneth-rozhon-9305246