Rolling Thunder Forums

Starting the Action

Aquilonia

What do you think about star distances?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hmmmm...

Along with many other questions that seem to only get answered privately, I see conflicting information on this one.

Either you can transfer population to another pop seg or you can't.

If you can, either there is something coded into to penalize this, or there isn't.

If the GM is saying that it would be a "bad" idea to mix populations, but there is nothing coded to prevent it, then it isn't a "bad" idea.

If you can move pop without restriction, then I don't see how there will be piracy, supply lines, and nothing more will be needed other than a colony beacon on each others homeworld, as long as attrition isn't too harsh.

I really don't care either way how this goes, for I can exploit this game mechanism just as well as the next guy. In fact, if I were just thinking exclusively about myself and my close ally, I'd support this pop transfer 100%. Heck, instead of an extended convoy to defend to get his mk 4+ items, I can have warships rolling off the lines in a few turns... :thumbsup: So much for lone wolves out there having a chance at survival if population can be easily transferred directly into another player-controlled pop segment. ;):blink:;)

However, I would like to know the official answer to this and many more questions without having to make phone calls.

-Lotix1417

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade will really boil down to you providing all of the assets and raw materials to a smallish colony on your homeworld or other cohabited location for your trading partner to finish off into something you can't make. If I had a partner that could make Mk IV JSS and I couldn't, you can bet that I would be giving him everything required to get my hands on those Mk IV's. This is why we all need to have some sort of specialty and how we can be successful with gaping holes in our own tech advancements.

When I find a trading partner I will provide every resource necessary for them to be as productive as possible. A million CM's is nothing to pay for a tech item that you have no way of building.

I don't think that non-homeworld co-colonies are worth it either, since neither party will have a large enough base to be useful.