Rolling Thunder Forums

From Panzers to Planet Crackers

Krysia's Krusader

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have version 1.0.0.0 Is there a newer version?

That is the version I have and for the DECF order under Fleet number I have ALL followed by HOME and then the listing of the fleets. If you don't have this you might also consider redownloading the Imperial Palace program.

Oh and if you chose to type it in, be very precise in typing. It must be exact with no extra spaces.

Even spaces at the end of the word fill fool the data base!

Okie...

How does one go about removing a fleet from SUPP duty?

I checked the rules and such, and can't find it...

Try to assign it to a convoy "none"

Some of the orders of this sort are toggles so another sup order might toggle it off.

If this does not work, try this.

Set up a new fleet and RN your ships into it. This is clumsy but it is the best thought I could come up with.

Okie...

Some of the orders of this sort are toggles so another sup order might toggle it off.

Set up a new fleet and RN your ships into it. This is clumsy but it is the best thought I could come up with.

According to the Orders Supplement you just have to move the fleet. "This is a standing order and only needs to be issued once to a Fleet. If the Fleet moves, whether by Warp Movement, regular Naval Movement or Move To Warp Point, this duty mission will be canceled"

Okie...

According to the Orders Supplement you just have to move the fleet. "This is a standing order and only needs to be issued once to a Fleet. If the Fleet moves, whether by Warp Movement, regular Naval Movement or Move To Warp Point, this duty mission will be canceled"

Fortunately this is a place where the rules are wrong. I move my fleet all of the time to gas giants for refueling and the supply orders stay in effect. (I say fortunately because it saves me an order for each fueling fleet.) <_<

According to the Orders Supplement you just have to move the fleet.  "This is a standing order and only needs to be issued once to a Fleet. If the Fleet moves, whether by Warp Movement, regular Naval Movement or Move To Warp Point, this duty mission will be canceled"

Fortunately this is a place where the rules are wrong. I move my fleet all of the time to gas giants for refueling and the supply orders stay in effect. (I say fortunately because it saves me an order for each fueling fleet.) <_<

For any ships assigned to a convoy, the computer attemps to carry out the next assigned priority order in the convoy list. If the last order for the convoy processed with success was 30, it will try to carry out 40. This will be attempted no matter what you do to the fleet assigned to the convoy. Heck, you could move the fleet and warp it to another system. And if the next Convoy order was NM of the fleet to to JohnDoe-2, the system will attempt to carry out the order (even if you are sitting in the Rabbit system). The order would simply fail to be executed, and the convoy would sit there ready and waiting to try the same exact thing next turn.

Note that this IS a very useful trait. For example, lets say you have an 8 AP fleet doing a cargo run to move raw goods from a colony to the HW. You could issue orders to that fleet and carry out 2 AP worth of moves to shift some immediately needed goods to a new colony. Then during the Convoy phase, the computer will run the convoy orders, using up the remaining 6 AP for the ship. This gives you flexibility without having to reassign the fleet off the convoy, do the orders, and then reassign the fleet.

That is the version I have and for the DECF order under Fleet number I have ALL followed by HOME and then the listing of the fleets. If you don't have this you might also consider redownloading the Imperial Palace program.

Oh and if you chose to type it in, be very precise in typing. It must be exact with no extra spaces.

Okay. I think I understand: You mean the extra space after the dark blue bar when I "CTRL + C" and then "CTRL + V", correct?

If so; good point of advice.

According to the Orders Supplement you just have to move the fleet.  "This is a standing order and only needs to be issued once to a Fleet. If the Fleet moves, whether by Warp Movement, regular Naval Movement or Move To Warp Point, this duty mission will be canceled"

Yea. I thought so too, kukri65, until I discovered otherwise, when my fleet was refueling everyother fleet that passed by it.

<_<

At the begining of this thread (and reinforced by in game experience), I was taught not to trust the rules, but to ask here instead, when in doubt (like now).

Note that this IS a very useful trait.  For example, lets say you have an 8 AP fleet doing a cargo run to move raw goods from a colony to the HW.  You could issue orders to that fleet and carry out 2 AP worth of moves to shift some immediately needed goods to a new colony.  Then during the Convoy phase, the computer will run the convoy orders, using up the remaining 6 AP for the ship.  This gives you flexibility without having to reassign the fleet off the convoy, do the orders, and then reassign the fleet.

Thanks WKE235.

Yep; that's a good one. I use it for Improved Construction Materials, when I need a Domed City, from time to time. Or when I screwed up my "carefully calculated" freight runs (which is just about every turn).

Okay. I think I understand: You mean the extra space after the dark blue bar when I "CTRL + C" and then "CTRL + V", correct?

If so; good point of advice.

It is hard to see, but before you send the file to RTG view it with word.

What you might see is something like this:

A: "Move","1","Pete ","1A"

or

B: "Move","1","Pete","1A"

A will fail because the database will see a 5 character planet that it does not recognize. B will look for the 4 character name "Pete" and find it.

Hope this clarifies the subject.

:robot:

Yea, buddy, it does clarrify things. Thanks again.

:robot:

Okay; how about this one...

The orders supplement says that the DIP order can be issued as a standing order. However the Imperial Palace program does not have an entry for the (supposed) XDIP order. I tried to type it in manually, but it wouldn't accept it, and I was afraid that it'd get nixed any ways. So what do you guys do, to work around this?