Rolling Thunder Forums

Calm GM

RTGRuss

The good news is...if we can manage to get together at a convention sometime down the road....we can all legally drink

I knew Russ was a secret member of the HBOB! That's why I developed Mk III Advanced and Improved Beer Distillery so fast...... B)

Hey Russ......

My first Apple is serial number 2543.............my neighbor who got me started in computers Apple was

serial 122 ( got my computer a few weeks after him).

My first programing job was doing the Retirement program for Trader Joe's on Apple IIs with 5MB

Corvus harddrives and a <dare I say it> network.

I have floppy disks older then the kids I go Microsoft classes with.

Good Cheer,

Rick McF

"Noise proves nothing--often a hen who has merely laid an egg cackles as if she had laid an asteroid." –MarkTwain

I remember working one summer at Argonne labs on some high school work program. Basically all I did was pull printous from the high speed continous feed printer (the size of a Minivan), and distribute the printouts.

The computers all ran off of these HUGE magnetic storage disks. They would pop these things onto and off of all the silos for reading or storage and processing based on requests. The disks / platter were the size of extra large pizzas with covers over them to protect the disks. There was a picture on the wall boosting that they had "X" number of the silos working and "Y" such disks for media / storage. It came out to something like a total of 200 Gb of space total in the whole facility at the time. And these machines and disks took up a VERY large room.

When I think back to those days, and the fact my PC now has as much storage as Argonne Labs did many years ago (and of course a LOT faster CPU to top it off), that puts it all in perspective.

:) Face it we are all ...OLD FARTS

:lol:

Also I pickup up a 6 in 1 replacement replace remote last night and it was SO AWESOME to sit back and be able to do everything with one darn remote while sitting in my recliner, now if I could just get a device to put in DVDs, CDs, and VHS tapes.....without having to get up :taz:

• 2 weeks later...