Rolling Thunder Forums

Bored.

Lord Uriel

So, I've been waiting for the more talkative members to post something interesting, but each of you obviously has something better to do. :D

So, does anyone have anything on their agenda this turn? Big fleet actions? Massive ground attack? Convoy screw-ups? Or the ever popular 50+ BI orders to only find out this Saturday you forgot the one order that allows the item(s) to be built?

Lord Uriel

Greetings Lord Uriel,

We at the Federation have been in this game for several years now and have read these forums as a guest. We joined the Forums recently because we finally ran into an active alien race. We have pm'd and emailed the race (they seemed quite active here) as well as a message to an apparent ally of his. Still no respnse. Any suggestions?

I think part of the reason that fewer people are posting news is because there are now serious alliances, rivalries and wars where there hadn't been. Posting of battle results and tech advances could well clue in "the other side" to information someone might not want them to have.

The Hunting Sisters of the Gosht Kohr have been busy. I'm pleased to say that there's been a slow but steady removal of thorns from our hunting trails. Our vassils have contributed to these efforts, although they themselves have some thorns to remove. Again, progress has been made in this area.

We'll soon be augmenting colonies through the use of ICE. Conversion Engine technology is within sight; within two tech advances in truth. The army grows, and the fleet is prepaired to take the lionesses to where they need to be. The Gosht Kohr claim more worlds for the hunt, while continuing to seek peaciful relations with those around us. Convoy routes grow and spread as game trails from a waterhole.

We did not consider ourselves a colonizing race, but when you follow a trail, you'll go to where it leads you.

It is still our thought that soon greater conflicts will sweep in from the greater universe. and it is our opinion that we of this area of space should consolidate, and cooperate.

That is our report for now.

-Sha'thar

Clan Eldress

The Hunting Sisters of the Gosht Kohr

I have thought about starting the SnRote Reader back up, but all of the fun stuff is happening behind closed doors and none of my empires are doing anything of univaersial interest either. Of course if folks want the reader back and have things to share I am more them happy to go back to playing Editor.

Lord SaHeru

Kirk,

If its been more than a turn cycle and there is no response, I would say shields up, phasers ready and arm the photon torpedos!

I can also arrange for a shipment of Romulan Ale!??!?

:D

Greetings Lord Uriel,

We at the Federation have been in this game for several years now and have read these forums as a guest. We joined the Forums recently because we finally ran into an active alien race. We have pm'd and emailed the race (they seemed quite active here) as well as a message to an apparent ally of his. Still no respnse. Any suggestions?

Did you send a message to RTG to have them forward it on to the race owners (if they are active and not AI). RTG will not tell you if they are AI or not. But will forward any message to them (like a word document saying Hello). If they don't respond to something like that, then you should be prepping for to defend yourself.

So, I've been waiting for the more talkative members to post something interesting, but each of you obviously has something better to do. :D

So, does anyone have anything on their agenda this turn? Big fleet actions? Massive ground attack? Convoy screw-ups? Or the ever popular 50+ BI orders to only find out this Saturday you forgot the one order that allows the item(s) to be built?

Lord Uriel

Last turn I managed to screw up my Production queue and ended up building double the amount of Lumber and not much else. The good news is I have LOTS of Lumber. That was probably the most exciting item I had happen. <_<

Allow me to say that I've always admired your adventures Admiral Kirk. To answer your question, I'd advise you to post a general greeting message here.

It's quite easy to miss a MESSage inserted into the turns, especially when they become extensive 200+ or 300+ page report outs.

Also, if they don't log in to these boards they're gonna miss the PM too.

Live long and prosper.

To alleviate your boredom while waiting for turns, check out www.redcolony.com. It's a site devoted to the terraforming and colonization of Mars. It's an indepedent site and has lots of articles on the different problems and proposed solutions.

Sakarissa <_<

Messages are quite easy to find in turns as short as 200-300 pages. It't the ones that are over 1000 pages that things seem to get lost in.

I would love to see the newsletter come back. <_<

:D

So I assume here that messages have no standard piece of text in them you can give a search for?

Edit: I should have checked the forum before I commented: Diplomatic message received from ....

Do a search for the "Diplomatic message received from" in your pdf and you should get all messages that you received.

Calamaran.

Kirk,

There's a phrase that goes something like "in order to secure peace, prepare for war."

My suggestion mirrors those of the other players for your concern. I would add a healthy dose of paranoia in all relations with aliens. Additionally, after fighting a very nasty ground war recently I believe a large ground army is always best to have around.

In addition to the Big Cat's concerns, we've lost a few of the more vocal members who've moved on for one reason or another.

here's one that should stir some commentary. <_<

WE SHOULD START A GALACTIC SENATE!!!!

Well, until I hit the 1000 page mark I'll take your word on it Hobknob.

I agree with you about reviving the newsletter too. However, the thing that made it an interesting read is participation. The problem is, many of the newer players have nothing interesting going on. And, per an earlier post, I'd guess that lots of "behind the scenes" communication is happening with more advanced players, but very little of that bleeds through into these forums. Everyone is afraid of someone else finding out about something so these boards remain relatively quiet. Same would probably be true with a resurrected newsletter. No contributions gives a worthless newsletter.

One item that might be interesting to add to the newsletter is an "official" page or more dedicated to alliance news. Of course this presumes that alliances would be willing to even identify themselves publicly and once doing that, would be willing to let everyone know what is happening. Those are a lot of presumptions to make.

• 2 weeks later...