Rolling Thunder Forums

Newbie question

Mahdi

No. Each X order will consume 1 AP for that fleet. If you only have 1 X order and the fleet has 4 APs. then 1 AP each turn (assuming they don't get used up in regular fleet actions) will be used for the X order. The X orders take place after all other orders. Beware of using up APs on fleets that have X orders as you might not have enough APs for those X orders.

Sakarissa :P

The Circle

• 2 months later...
I understand that Domed Cities and such reduce attrition but does advancements in Medical Science, Genetics and other like items also reduce attrition?

Have a great Turkey Day!

Certain advances will allow you to build new installations that may either reduce attrition (Deep Core Heatsinks to alter temperature ranges) or improve reproduction rates to offset attrition (Imperial Cloning Centers). I am unaware (or don't recall) of specific attrition changes just because of a tech advance. It seems related to the installations you get access to. Of course, Genetics will lead to Species Engineering, which allows you to alter your race for colonization, reproduction or other purposes.

Be fruitful and multiply! Its better than subtraction or division and much more fun!

Gobble-gobble

Octus

I understand that Domed Cities and such reduce attrition but does advancements in Medical Science, Genetics and other like items also reduce attrition?

Have a great Turkey Day!

Certain advances will allow you to build new installations that may either reduce attrition (Deep Core Heatsinks to alter temperature ranges) or improve reproduction rates to offset attrition (Imperial Cloning Centers). I am unaware (or don't recall) of specific attrition changes just because of a tech advance. It seems related to the installations you get access to. Of course, Genetics will lead to Species Engineering, which allows you to alter your race for colonization, reproduction or other purposes.

Be fruitful and multiply! Its better than subtraction or division and much more fun!

Gobble-gobble

Octus

I believe subterranean and aquatic installation techs are all direct attrition adds, without having to build any new items.

Have a great Turkey Day!

Gobble-gobble

Octus

I believe subterranean and aquatic installation techs are all direct attrition adds, without having to build any new items.

I did not see an impact, but I got those relatively early in my colonization push, so may not have had enough colonists out there to have a noticable impact. Can anyone comment further?

Octus

• 1 month later...
Another question: What information do you get back when you issue a REA (Request Empire Address) order? Do you get the home world name and such?

The only in-game data you get is the name of the empire.

-----REA (Request Empire Address)-----

REA: 9999

Address information for Them # 9999 follows:

Charlie Brown

1 Peanuts Street

Schultzville CA 44646

USA

...unless the player has set the REA toggle to not reveal any information at all...

/Locklyn

So it doesn't tell anything about the home world. I guess some people who have more than one position want to remain anonymous.

As always thanks for the help

• 2 weeks later...

If a homeworld is lost , yet somewhere in the vast reaches of space a rather large colony of homeworld population thrives and multiplies....will it also be possible for that colony to create new scientists and other talented individuals , or is the original HW the only place where this could happen?

OK, I'm not exactly an out and out 'Newbie' any more - but I've just pulled off a 'Newbie-esque' trick.

The question?

What do you do when moving to a new house and you've saved all of your star charts and accumulated info on a thumb-drive for portability?

Why, you put said thumb-drive in one of 40+ (unlabeled of course) boxes.

What do you do next with less than two days before the turn deadline?

Panic!!!!

I don't think I'll be doing a lot of fleet movement this turn! (But I will be unpacking my boxes a whole lot more quickly than I had originally planned for!)

OK, I'm not exactly an out and out 'Newbie' any more - but I've just pulled off a 'Newbie-esque' trick.

The question?

What do you do when moving to a new house and you've saved all of your star charts and accumulated info on a thumb-drive for portability?

Why, you put said thumb-drive in one of 40+ (unlabeled of course) boxes.

What do you do next with less than two days before the turn deadline?

Panic!!!!

I don't think I'll be doing a lot of fleet movement this turn! (But I will be unpacking my boxes a whole lot more quickly than I had originally planned for!)

You use SNFindPath and find you next unexplored system or WP by using the XX as destination star system :)

Who needs star charts :) (which also can be generated with SNFindpath and Graphviz.