Rolling Thunder Forums

Damaged Installations

Kurassier

Guys, quick question that I think has been answered before, but here goes.

Can I DISM a damaged installation and get the ConMats?

For example I have a 'demolished Light Metals Mine' from a minor neutral.

If I can, do I need to DISM 'Light Metals Mine' like normal? or do I have to type 'demolished Light Metals Mine'.

Thanks.

:beer:

No, you cannot DISMantle it

No, You cannot repair it

No, it will not repair itself over time as we were told from the beginning

and no, You cannot get an INST from it.

Pretty useless in other words.

/Locklyn

No, You cannot repair it

/Locklyn

That's what I was afraid of useless. Kind of like a Mug with a hole in the bottom.

:cheers:

No, You cannot repair it

:cheers:

/Locklyn

That's what I was afraid of useless. Kind of like a Mug with a hole in the bottom.

:P

That's why you have two mugs, one to catch the leak while you swiftly empty the defective mug. (Swiftly empty by chugging, of course.)

As it was explained to me those many cycles ago you can not dismantle, et.al. that light metal mine because it is not a light metal mine. Hopefully it is something Pete will develop when every thing else is workin the way he wants it. :beer::P:cheers:

So, for example, a Contaminated Imperial Medical Center is not an Imperial Medical Center with the qualifier of "Contaminated", but a separate item in the database which does not have attached pre-requisites or components?

As it was explained to me those many cycles ago you can not dismantle, et.al. that light metal mine because it is not a light metal mine. Hopefully it is something Pete will develop when every thing else is workin the way he wants it. :beer::P:cheers:

So, for example, a Contaminated Imperial Medical Center is not an Imperial Medical Center with the qualifier of "Contaminated", but a separate item in the database which does not have attached pre-requisites or components?

The fist part is right on the bulls eye.

The second is a conjecture on your part that I will have to believe is correct until shown otherwise. The down side is that if you order DISM,1, and try to type Contaminated Imperial Medical Center there will be no pop down menu to enter it into the orders. That would suggest that you (we) do not have the technology to perform that action. Much like the situation where you have a stockpile of 1 million adv steel and 2 million adv timber, but, you still cannot build advance IC unless you have the tech. :ranting::ranting:

For the near future, any Neutral your Empire acquires is worth more for what it might possess in it's Stockpiles than any of the "color text" Structures it is comprised of.

I'm sure this too will change, eventually. :beer:

But it's on the RTG "To Do" List of Repairs, Modifications, Implementations and Enhancements for SN:ROTE along with ...

-Cloaking Devices

-Espionage

-Religion

-Morale

-Diplomatic Agreements & ROEs

... and I'm sure many other things, that I am unaware of.

FWIW,

-SK :cheers:

We would definitely like religion to be fixed, since we've been in some way theocratic since our inception. Literally thousands of being-hours spent praying should be worth something.

We would definitely like religion to be fixed, since we've been in some way theocratic since our inception. Literally thousands of being-hours spent praying should be worth something.

Don't tell me the 1000's of Temples, Shrines, Cathedrals, and Missions we're building to the greater edification of a [as yet unknown] deity are going for naught! :cheers::blink::ph34r:

Now I suppose some cleric will show up wanting a special NUD to visit the flock on some [as yet undiscovered] paradise world. :blink:

Perhaps, if we could identify the God of Mead, this would lead to breakthrough of a more practical nature! :blink:

Orderly! More Theocratic Insight, here! :rolleyes:

Don't tell me the 1000's of Temples, Shrines, Cathedrals, and Missions we're building to the greater edification of a [as yet unknown] deity are going for naught! :o:(:ranting:

Now I suppose some cleric will show up wanting a special NUD to visit the flock on some [as yet undiscovered] paradise world. <_<

Perhaps, if we could identify the God of Mead, this would lead to breakthrough of a more practical nature! :rolleyes:

Orderly! More Theocratic Insight, here! :P

It's not called the 'Holy' Brotherhood of Brewmasters for nothing. :cheers:

Who do you think supplies all those religious institutions anyway?!! More Theocratic Insight (which is a copyrighted win btw) on the way! :cheers: