Rolling Thunder Forums

Obsidian Inc

Sakarissa

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obsidian Inc,

Please contact me at mparker@auroragov.org in regards to the activities involving your Ominous Sky fleet. There has been a change in player leadership of The Tentacled Horrors From Beyond. We wish to discuss matters.

The Tentacled Horrors From Beyond

I tried contacting him, and all he did was Declare War and attack. Maybe you'll have better luck. Anyway, feel free to send me a note.

President, James T. Kirk

In accordance with HBoB by-laws, we hereby suspend all mead shipments to Obsidian space. The Tentacled Horrors and Federation will, of course, continue to be supplied (and supplied WELL) :holiday:

In accordance with HBoB by-laws, we hereby suspend all mead shipments to Obsidian space. The Tentacled Horrors and Federation will, of course, continue to be supplied (and supplied WELL) :cheers:

Sounds like you guys are allies of Obsidian, Inc. instead of enemies............. His crews will be sober while your forces are...............

:holiday::holiday::santa::wub::D:D:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

It is our belief that his crews will have incredibly low morale.

Just imagine an Obsidian captain goes off duty and goes to his favorite watering hole (oe 2nd favorite since all StarBars in Obsidian space have been temporarily cloaked and removed) 'Gimme a beer, barkeep'

Barkeep, 'sorry, all out'

captain, 'ok, I'll have a mead'

barkeep, 'Outta that too'

captain, 'Sake?'

BK 'nope'

captain 'whiskey?

bk, 'nope'

captain, ' Well what the heck do you have?'

Bk,'Well, we have cold water or warm water?'

Captain ' AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH'

:holiday:

It is our belief that his crews will have incredibly low morale.

Just imagine an Obsidian captain goes off duty and goes to his favorite watering hole (oe 2nd favorite since all StarBars in Obsidian space have been temporarily cloaked and removed) 'Gimme a beer, barkeep'

Barkeep, 'sorry, all out'

captain, 'ok, I'll have a mead'

barkeep, 'Outta that too'

captain, 'Sake?'

BK 'nope'

captain 'whiskey?

bk, 'nope'

captain, ' Well what the heck do you have?'

Bk,'Well, we have cold water or warm water?'

Captain ' AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH'

:holiday:

I am sure the barkeep would have milk. After all I expect if you don't supply him, the Bovines will. :holiday:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, since Obsidian Inc is so determined to take out my HW and since the owner never bothered to respond, here are the stats on his ships that I have seen so far:

BB Stormcrow (Battleship - 5,000,000 tons) [integrity: 1,696,960,000 / 1,696,960,000] (Green, Timid)

250 Fuel Shuttle, 1,250,000 Fuel Tankage, 2,500 Holographic Neural-Feed Battle Grid, 1,250 Mk I Gravitic Thruster 1 Mk VI Jump Survey Sensor, 1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive, 100 Siege Tachyon Blaster, 1,695,000 Tckon 68

Particle Beam: 422,400,009

Maneuverability: 32.00, Missile Defense: 50.00 %

NDN Vortex (Nova Dreadnaught - 50,000,000 tons) [integrity: 16,093,910,000 / 16,093,910,000] (Green, Timid) 1,500 Fuel Shuttle, 10,000,000 Fuel Tankage, 25,000 Holographic Neural-Feed Battle Grid, 12,500 Mk I Gravitic Thruster 12,500 Mk I Repulsor CIDS, 25,000 Mk IV Deflector, 1 Mk VI Jump Survey Sensor, 1 Nuclear Transwarp Drive 5 Repair Bay, 1,000 Siege Tachyon Blaster, 16,070,000 Tckon 68

Particle Beam: 4,224,000,092

Deflectors: 66.70 %, Maneuverability: 32.00, Missile Defense: 53.00 %

Normally, The Tentacled Horrors From Beyond would have been better prepared for this heinous attack. However, I had only started playing them again for about 3 turns when Obsidian showed up over the HW on the 3rd turn. A rude surprise that saturday morning, let me tell you. Another player, a friend in the game, took over during my long absence. When I got the empire back, all my fleets were at the HW and completely empty. Absolutely no ships whatsoever. I also only had 7 ground divisions as well. I was in the throes of Empire Management trying to get my empire back on its feet and apparently didn't have enough time to do so.

I don't blame the player who was in control of my empire while I was gone. I'm just a little frustrated at the situation. The Tentacled Horrors will do everything in their power to defend their HW and after it is taken, they will do everything they can to liberate it. My other empires are working to get to that area of space and make life miserable for the player of Obsidian Inc. Please take the ship stats above and have a field day killing any and all of his ships.

Warlord Slish

*transmission fades in*

To The Valkor Star Kingdom and The Roman Empire,

The destruction of the 215th Recon Sqdn (VSK), 115th Recon Sqdn and 109th Recon Sqdn (ROM) in the Shai system is our way of saying "You are not welcome!" <_< Any ships you send into this system will be hunted down and destroyed like the snivelling pansies they are. :drunk: You have been warned!

*transmission fades out*

Slish - it appears that you have gone from Warlord to the Snivelling pansy you so detest <_<

Well, you beat me to it Vince. The whimpering tone of Warlord Slish's post just didn't jive with some faded memories about him being a master warmonger. Anyway, just for kicks I thought I'd look some up myself. Here's what I found:

As the founding member of WHAPO (Warmongers, Heathens And Pirates Organization), I just wanted to say that we haven't gone anywhere. We are still here. It's not the vocal villian that you need to worry about............ <_<

Sakarissa <_<

My, my, my, look at what I started. The only regret I have over this whole thread was that I didn't have any popcorn to eat. You see, it only takes a few warmongers to get things all riled up and exciting again. CRAPO or WHAPO, all I want to do is boot some head! :lol:

Looker, are you thinking of joining us unsavory types? The more the merrier!

Sakarissa :drunk:

Kerry is added to the Official Targets List. Yes, I'll add Heathens in to the title and change it to Organization. We have changed our name to Warmongers, Heathens and Pirates Oganization or WHAPO. If you wish to join, just state as such in this thread and we can start discussing how we will kill everyone else.

Sakarissa :alien2:

"Don't make me open a can of WHAPO on you!"

What is WAPA? It stands for Warmongers and Pirates Alliance. It is dedicated to stomping on all peaceniks, pipe-smoking hippies, mimes, lawyers, doves, and any other peace spouting race out there. Who's with me?

Sakarissa :alien2:

Now, before you get your snivelling, slishy panties in a wad, I don't fault you for being frustrated because you were away from the game. It's just that you really don't sound like much of a warmonger. Why would a warmonger care if another empire responded to him or not??? Just go out and kill him. Why would a warmonger post the enemies ship designs just out of spite??? That sounds like something someone from the Galactic Senate would do. And how, in all that is decent among true warmongers, could you be so hypocritical as to brag about your victories over The Roman Empire and Valkor, then come crying to the board that another empire is picking on you??? You may not have used those exact words, but the tone of your post reeks of someone "crying foul". This really wasn't the way to live up to your standards of what it is to be a warmonger. I know it's been a long time but if there are any members of WHAPO left, I would revoke Slish's membership.

Warmonger? Not so much.

OOC: Yes, I was whining a bit. Now that it is out of my system.....

*Transmission fades in*

A mysterious figure is seen waiting patiently in the shadows of an alley across from the Advanced Cryogenics Building. A simple enough name for something far more sinister in nature. Whenever Warlord Slish wanted someone to disappear but not permanently, they were sent to this building and put into Cryo-Stasis. If they were ever needed at some point in the future, they were thawed and brought back to the living. However, Warlord Slish had gone missing many cycles ago. No one had known where he went or who had done it. Orders were issued from his Office as if nothing was wrong. It was as if some weird other-worldly entity was controlling The Tentacled Horrors From Beyond instead of their beloved Warlord Slish. It had taken many cycles for 1 of 250, commonly known as Number 1, to discover the whereabouts of his master. His actions tonight would either brand him a traitor and a lingering painful death or bring back the real Warlord Slish.

As the moon sunk below the horizon, the figure disappeared into the building and emerged on the roof. The Cryogenics building had excellent security systems but there was a forgotten vulnerability. There was a small area of the roof that was hidden from all the security measures. The problem was accessing it. The roof he was on was much higher than the Cryogenics building and the suit he put on was the key. It was similar to the suits used in low gravity environments but with significant changes. This one had much stronger control jets and guidance software. He trundled to the edge and jumped off. The laser targeting system coming online and locking onto the beacon placed on the roof earlier in the evening. The suit's guidance software hummed with quiet efficiency and guided him to the targeted location with no problem. Off came the suit and on went the laser torch. The hole in the roof was quickly cut and pulled off to the side. Now, if his informant was correct, he would need to descend down the air shaft until he reached sub-level 27.

The descent was quickly accomplished and he checked the hallway. According to his information, he would have only 5 minutes between guard patrols. He looked at a device on his waist with an ominous red glowing indicator. He pressed a button on the device and it went green. The security systems went into reboot mode and would be down for about 6.2 minutes. A guard passed underneath his vantage point. He waited until he had gotten out of earshot and slithered out of the air shaft. He quickly found the room and slid the security card down the grid. The door unlocked and he quickly entered the room. Okay, fifty cubes down and 30 across was his destination. He wiped the front of the cube with his tentacle and looked into the face of Warlord Slish.

He quickly punched in the code to start the defrosting countdown. From there is was merely 5 minutes before Warlord Slish was thawed out. He wasn't conscious. That usually takes a few days as the body adjusts and takes in nutrients from an IV. But that couldn't be done here. 1 of 250 didn't know who was on which side and couldn't take any chances now that he had found his master. He put a device on Slish's chest and pressed a sequence of buttons. This was highly dangerous. The teleport technology was still in its infancy and not even close to being fully tested. However, it was the only way to get Slish out alive and deliver him into the arms of his loyal followers. There was a large humming and a bright flash of light. When 1 of 250 could see again, Slish had disappered. He sent a fervent prayer to Vladchek that Slish arrived intact instead of in pieces as the trial runs had all ended. He moved to the door and checked the time. Now came the hard part....getting out.

2 days have passed. Warlord Slish has been successfully revived.

Warlord Slish is sitting in his chair back in his office. The "coup" was quick, decisive and just a little bloody. With the reins of control back in his tentacles, things seemed back to normal.

"Number 1!!! Get yer slimy backside in here!!" Bellowed Warlord Slish. Number 1 slithered into the office with his memo pad. "Yes, your Sliminess?"

"You know, no one likes a kiss ass, Number 1. What news is there?"

"Ahem, Troops are being trained at a record rate. I'm not sure how many we'll be able to field when the invasion happens but we'll keep building and training as fast as we can."

"Good. If we have to put wheels and guns on kitchen sinks, then do it! I want as many able bodied Horrors in uniform, armed, and trained as possible."

"Noted. Our Surveyors are working as fast as we can to garner new resources. They have been performing admirably and new reports keep coming in of new finds."

"Excellent. Make sure our military has top priority."

"Of course. Our researchers have been given a new direction for ship mounted weaponry. It seems that Obsidian Inc has specific defenses against our current weapons. The scientists are working overtime to get a new system tested and built that can be used against Obsidian."

"Good. Number 2, get in here!!" Number 2 slithers into the room, "Yes, Warlord Slish?" "Can you move a little to your left?" "Uh, sure. Is this good enough?" "Why, yes it is. Thank you." Warlord Slish presses a button and an opening appears below Number 2's feet and he falls through it. There is a horrible squishing and squelching sounds amidst the noise of a turbine of some sort. Slish hits another button and a large screen lowers from the ceiling. It shows Number 2 falling into a large capacity shredder and getting turned into Horror paste. Slish's laughter can be heard as he rewinds and slo-mos the whole sequence. "I can't wait to do that to a few of those Obsidian Inc corporate suits. Make sure we take prisoners, Number 1"