Rolling Thunder Forums

Strengths

rotor911

I thought that the strengths were the same for all items type, ie adequate = multiply tonnage by 50, be it missile or bridge. But, as Phasedragon spreadsheets have no value for "excellent", I looked through my ANZs and realized that it was not the case at all. For a 500 tons missile item, missile strength "Impressive" gives 16000 (multiplier 32) when, for a 100 tons bridge item, bridge strength "Impressive" gives 360000 ( multiplier 360). For the record, PhaseDragon spreadsheets gave a 210 multiplier for "Impressive". When did it change? I recall when the values were introduced in the ANZs (the Excellent [49000] format) but it was presented as a display change only, not a change in the formulas. Did I miss that?

The key words "excellent", "impressive" and so on are based on the generation level of the item in question rather than its output-to-tonnage ratio (some items don't have any output). Since some weapons don't even exist at 1st generation, appearing on some tech branch at a high generation level, their lowest iteration might be "impressive", for instance.

I thought that the strengths were the same for all items type, ie adequate = multiply tonnage by 50, be it missile or bridge. But, as Phasedragon spreadsheets have no value for "excellent", I looked through my ANZs and realized that it was not the case at all. For a 500 tons missile item, missile strength "Impressive" gives 16000 (multiplier 32) when, for a 100 tons bridge item, bridge strength "Impressive" gives 360000 ( multiplier 360). For the record, PhaseDragon spreadsheets gave a 210 multiplier for "Impressive". When did it change? I recall when the values were introduced in the ANZs (the Excellent [49000] format) but it was presented as a display change only, not a change in the formulas. Did I miss that?

You need to always go by the values.

Esp. the CIDS. All CIDS have the same value progression (10, 20, 40, 80 iirc) but are listed in their

old class. So Mk I Repulsor CIDS has the same value per ton as Mk I Shaker CIDS, but Mk I Shaker CIDS will have a higher class (e.g.

poor vs. adequate).

Other expamples are point blank weapons in contrast to same class beam weapons.

While Phasedragons tool was useful but it is so outdated now that you use it at your own peril. Unless you are keeping it updated. Many of the numbers you are seeing were derived from trial and error. It was only well into the game that Pete added the actual numbers to the ANZ's. Before that you just got a descriptor. Even the combat system tried to mask the numbers just saying you had "phenomenal" bridge systems/fire control and the like.

• 1 month later...

"Queen Phaedra, of the Second House of Mandible Glory, Ruler of the Nine Moons and Priestess of Green Skull Clan"

So what are you going to do when you submit your setup for this race and Pete doesn't give your hw 9 moons?

"Queen Phaedra, of the Second House of Mandible Glory, Ruler of the Nine Moons and Priestess of Green Skull Clan"

So what are you going to do when you submit your setup for this race and Pete doesn't give your hw 9 moons?

He changes the title ;)

Maybe they are the moons that reside in every spider's...whatever a spider uses for a heart. :-)

Maybe they are the moons that reside in every spider's...whatever a spider uses for a heart. :-)

LOL

Maybe the nine moons are what happens when a spider gets too rowdy at a frat party?

I only require that the moons are Ewok-free...or the troops are going to have lots of plump cocoons to weave.

Phasedragon is none other than Ed MOONey. BTW :thumbsup: