Rolling Thunder Forums

Setup questions

H. S. Lahman

Research in Species Engineering is fairly difficult, because of the large number of prerequisistes required to qualify for each level. As you advance up this tree, it will require prerequisites in the Life Science, Medical Science, Genetic Engineering, and other related tech lines, just as you might expect.

Thanks for the info.

There is a tech tree in the download area for "basic" techs, which includes Species Engineering. I assume there are are other, advanced techs beyond L4 shown in that tree. Is the full tree written down somewhere?

More precisely, does it matter? By L4 the research time may be so long that all one cares about are the techs for one's immediate goals and it isn't worth strategically targeting anything multiple levels out.

You are kidding, right? Higher tech path information is one of the few secrets any alliance has. Some of what you got to know in this thread was not common knowledge one or two years ago iirc.

We won't rob you of the fun to try to figure out the pathes yourself :woohoo:

LOL, why not tell the newbies you just argued in an earlier thread that knowing the tech tree was NOT much of an advantage for your empire in the newbie area?

Erm, if I understood the early ANZ bug correctly no prereqs were on these ANZ, so please tell me how that would help anyone to

decipher the tech tree? That some stuff exists is also known by EXPLs. And does that help you in any way?

Most Horizon techs go up to 6th Generation.

Nearly all weapons have at least four incarnations.

There are a LOT of ground combat techs.

Ok I think this is all you could got from the ANZ bug. The ones who have used it may confirm or deny.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Research in Species Engineering is fairly difficult, because of the large number of prerequisistes required to qualify for each level. As you advance up this tree, it will require prerequisites in the Life Science, Medical Science, Genetic Engineering, and other related tech lines, just as you might expect.

Thanks for the info.

There is a tech tree in the download area for "basic" techs, which includes Species Engineering. I assume there are are other, advanced techs beyond L4 shown in that tree. Is the full tree written down somewhere?

More precisely, does it matter? By L4 the research time may be so long that all one cares about are the techs for one's immediate goals and it isn't worth strategically targeting anything multiple levels out.

You are kidding, right? Higher tech path information is one of the few secrets any alliance has. Some of what you got to know in this thread was not common knowledge one or two years ago iirc.

LOL, why not tell the newbies you just argued in an earlier thread that knowing the tech tree was NOT much of an advantage for your empire in the newbie area?

Erm, if I understood the early ANZ bug correctly no prereqs were on these ANZ, so please tell me how that would help anyone to

decipher the tech tree? That some stuff exists is also known by EXPLs. And does that help you in any way?

Ok I think this is all you could got from the ANZ bug. The ones who have used it may confirm or deny.

See the bump I did on the other thread, where you said knowing tech paths was NOT important. Please NOTE, I did say in my message I was referring to another thread.

Thanks for the info.

See the bump I did on the other thread, where you said knowing tech paths was NOT important. Please NOTE, I did say in my message I was referring to another thread.

And that contradict me in what way? I said I was on the correct way myself, but it was *easier* with the alliance.

And he complained on my Mk IX Shields and weapons which i all found by myself. So how had I an advantage about knowing stuff????

I didn't know of the ANZ bug at that time and can't speak whether it gave prerequisites or not, but early in the game knowing things like the materials needed to build transwarp drives was a huge advantage.

I didn't know of the ANZ bug at that time and can't speak whether it gave prerequisites or not, but early in the game knowing things like the materials needed to build transwarp drives was a huge advantage.

Well the NTWD was from neutrals or EXPLs and the knowledge for NTWDs was out pretty quick on the forums.

And that contradict me in what way? I said I was on the correct way myself, but it was *easier* with the alliance.

And he complained on my Mk IX Shields and weapons which i all found by myself. So how had I an advantage about knowing stuff????

Of course you found out about these items with your core empire through trial and error which made it alot easier for your newer empire to achieve it.... hence the advantage...

However I am sure you have a reason why you are whiter then white, above criticism etc.

On a separate note, how exactly is it decided which warmongers are saints and which warmongers are devils? Iits so hard to keep track which warmonger is a goodie and which is a baddie?

And before you say it, I know Im a baddie right? I hope the PA stay and kick your ass! :}

Warmonger saint or devil status is determined by the level of Spin Doctor researched by the said Warmonger.

Sakarissa :rolleyes:

The Circle

Are the pre reqs: 1st Generation Plausable Denial, 2nd generation Self Belief and 1st Generation Hypocrisy ? :}

Wait, on second thoughts best not tell, apparently knowledge of the tech tree is both the most important military secret players have but provides no advantage to a player when he starts a new empire... :}

Warmonger saint or devil status is determined by the level of Spin Doctor researched by the said Warmonger.

The Circle

Are the pre reqs: 1st Generation Plausable Denial, 2nd generation Self Belief and 1st Generation Hypocrisy ? :}

Wait, on second thoughts best not tell, apparently knowledge of the tech tree is both the most important military secret players have but provides no advantage to a player when he starts a new empire... :}

LOL, and they can not even remember what they said about the tech tree.

As to reasons, if you blow up a fleet scout of Cest, even if you warn him first you are a warmonger, and he is a saint for attacking you.

You know Flagritz , before , I was content to let Marcus deal with you...no longer , I will send my warships to assist him if needed , along with any troops......that means the Ori position , #304 that you need to put into a state of war . Your statements about Marcus being an aggressor are without foundation , and you continue to attack him as an aggressor . Now I AM an aggressor , and you can whine and cry about the evil Ori attacking you.

The Circle

LOL, and they can not even remember what they said about the tech tree.

As to reasons, if you blow up a fleet scout of Cest, even if you warn him first you are a warmonger, and he is a saint for attacking you.

Wait its better then that! he can tell you that his scout ships are hunting for your homeworld in order to attack you but if you take out that scout you are one who started the war! Now if there isnt some cosmic divine logic behind that I dont know how else to explain it! :}

Well the saintly Cestval should have wipped out a whole race this turn, divine intervention I guess? :}

You know Flagritz , before , I was content to let Marcus deal with you...no longer , I will send my warships to assist him if needed , along with any troops......that means the Ori position , #304 that you need to put into a state of war . Your statements about Marcus being an aggressor are without foundation , and you continue to attack him as an aggressor . Now I AM an aggressor , and you can whine and cry about the evil Ori attacking you.

Dont worry he doesnt need your help I have nothing to stop him with.

Thats nice though, you inherit a empire from a former ally who leaves the game and now you plan to attack his ally with it.

Remind me how my statement is without foundation? he is attacking me, I have tried to make peace with him and he wont listen, he blows up my ships and takes my worlds...

He is attacking my homeworld.

Sorry does that sound like an aggressor to anyone else?

I am an aggressor.....I do not need to argue with you over black and white.....you were an aggressor when you attacked the Komka with several positions , and then you let everybody know how fierce you were in taking the Komka world . Payback is Marcus taking back the world , and then getting some retribution . Since I am declaring myself as an attacker , I need not plead any kind of moral high ground , I am black , and I am totally evil . Whine and cry and moan over that .

I am an aggressor.....I do not need to argue with you over black and white.....you were an aggressor when you attacked the Komka with several positions , and then you let everybody know how fierce you were in taking the Komka world . Payback is Marcus taking back the world , and then getting some retribution . Since I am declaring myself as an attacker , I need not plead any kind of moral high ground , I am black , and I am totally evil . Whine and cry and moan over that .

You are honest, I respect that, I have no problems with that, lets fight.

As I said before, everyone has the right to attack anyone, what I do disagree with is players pretending to be so high and moral and going around attacking people.

I wish Marcus was as honest as you and admitted he was as black and evil as you his ally :]

Of course you found out about these items with your core empire through trial and error which made it alot easier for your newer empire to achieve it.... hence the advantage...

However I am sure you have a reason why you are whiter then white, above criticism etc.

Oh Mk IX are so difficult to guess at, lol.

And I told you over and over again, #492 is my most advanced empire. They discovered one of the "Big Guns" before anyone else I know.

My core discovered *nothing*!

On a separate note, how exactly is it decided which warmongers are saints and which warmongers are devils? Iits so hard to keep track which warmonger is a goodie and which is a baddie?

And before you say it, I know Im a baddie right? I hope the PA stay and kick your ass! :}

The ones coming in kicking other warmongers in the ass, who took out another played empire, are the white hats.

Easy as that.