Rolling Thunder Forums

200 Turns.

Lord Uriel

By my count this weekend will be the 200th turn for the first players. Any thoughts on this occassion? Do the GMs have something special planned? Will there be a shipment from the brewmasters?

How long will it take for Blend Me another to build a 1 trillion ton ship and what will be the point of the game when this happens?

Is there a guestimate of how many core players are still involved?

Just some random thoughts.

I'm still here (though not with my original empire).

Don't know for how much longer, though. The game just isn't holding my interest lately, and if you don't put the time into finding things to do, then nothing happens and it gets boring quick.

By my count this weekend will be the 200th turn for the first players. Any thoughts on this occassion? Do the GMs have something special planned? Will there be a shipment from the brewmasters?

How long will it take for Blend Me another to build a 1 trillion ton ship and what will be the point of the game when this happens?

Is there a guestimate of how many core players are still involved?

Just some random thoughts.

500 turns :thumbsup:

And to see it in action ofcourse :cheers:

I am still here with my core positions. After turn 200 I will have completed just about all of my tech goals and have few new ones on the horizon.

I would vote for some stats being put forth by the GM's on what has happened thus far. Stuff like; Largest ship built to date, largest ground battle, biggest economy/industrial capacity, most population etc.. No names of course, but at least an idea of what to shoot for if you lack a serious enemy to pound on.

:thumbsup:

I am still here with my core positions. After turn 200 I will have completed just about all of my tech goals and have few new ones on the horizon.

I would vote for some stats being put forth by the GM's on what has happened thus far. Stuff like; Largest ship built to date, largest ground battle, biggest economy/industrial capacity, most population etc.. No names of course, but at least an idea of what to shoot for if you lack a serious enemy to pound on.

Few tech goals?

Is that possible?

Few tech goals?

Is that possible?

Shhh. He doesn't know about Android Workers, or Shield Disruptors or the other cool things Pete may have hidden in the tech tree. :cheers:

I make this turn 199 as well as the very first startup turn had no input from me so I count that as turn 0

Well, I simply count the turn printouts I received from RTG, and the coming one will be numbered 200.

And, by the way, you *did* give input for that first turn: You racial setup :thumbsup:

I make this turn 199 as well as the very first startup turn had no input from me so I count that as turn 0

Well, I simply count the turn printouts I received from RTG, and the coming one will be numbered 200.

And, by the way, you *did* give input for that first turn: You racial setup :thumbsup:

Im also still active with both my original positions plus 1 extra which seems to have been put way way way way out on the galactic rim where ever that may be. Nearly 2 years and havent bumped into anyone yet.

And, by the way, you *did* give input for that first turn: You racial setup :blink:

The "set up" turn results was more than just a basic set up. The complete production cycle ran. Factories produced, research was generated, characters could be gained, etc. For me, that's more than enough to qualify it as turn one. And as Cestvel pointed out, your racial setup determined how your particular production cyle would run. Your racial set up determined how much research was generated based on research bonus, how much your pop center grew based on reproductive rate, and your government type determined character recruitment.

:blink:

Few tech goals?

Is that possible?

I didn't say I had all of the tech, just that I had few tech goals remaining. I certainly look forward to Pete's surprises and I hope one day to actually be able to build a Dyson Sphere or a Ringworld. However, there are very few techs hinted at or known that are on my list at the moment. I can't really get too excited about finishing off every version of CIDS, or chasing down dozens of ground techs with a position that is not a ground power so I hope that some more exciting stuff opens up in the near future.