Rolling Thunder Forums

Archetypes

dageraad

Victory! Archetypes

This list is an adaption of a similar list I found a few years ago about different kinds of wargamers .

Turtle:

The best offense is based on a solid defence, so let them come to me.

Uses lots of fixed defences, fighter cover, fortifications,and displaced AIC’s. A solid reserve, most often armored, is used to kick out any trespasser after he has exhausted himself. These players are not the first to attack.

Strenghts: Patient. Dangerous to attack. Noone wants to lose his teeth on a strong Turtle.

Weaknesses: sometimes the game happens while you are not a part of it. What if no-one attacks you?

Favorite order: BFDU LDB, BF

What to do with your 10 start-up Statics? Train them. Statics are fine for a secondary garrison, when reinforced with concrete and steel.

Tiger:

The best defense is a blistering offense. Do it to them before they do it to you. The attacker has all the advantages.

Uses lots of mobile troops, tactical aircraft, CB ships. Reserves are most often used to replenish front troops. Risks are acceptible, as long as you’re fighting in another country at least your own economy won’t suffer. Defense of the home country can be managed by the fresh recruits.

Strengths: Agressive, dictates the game. Most succesfull strategy if you want to grow big fast.

Weaknesses: Risky. A lot of early drop-outs are failed Tigers.

Favorite order: OMG ATC.

What to do with your 10 start-up Statics? Disband and use as replacements.

Ant:

It is the economy stupid. Al things being equal, any war will be won by the superior economy.

Strengthens its economy by development , concentrates on attacking those enemies that offer valuable commodities or trades to boost production. Wants to have the best units available and the most optimized AIC network.

Strengths: Given time, an ant can bury you under superior numbers. Patient. Flexible.

Weaknesses: Sometimes passive. After all, why risk your beautifull country to war?

Favorite orders: APD, RPD, BRC, RP

What to do with your 10 start-up Statics? Upgrade to INF: more usefull and efficient.

Wolf:

Victory is a wargame between packs. The challenge is to find a strong pack and dominate the field.

Wolves always look for allies and cooperation . They single out prey and attack them together. Each member of the pack has his own role and can specialize to strengthen the pack. Loyalty is very important.

Strenghts: Numbers. Survivability.

Weaknesses: A weak member of the pack is a liablilty for the whole pack. Choose your pack carefully.

Favorite order: PAP TA.

What to do with your 10 start-up Statics? Whatever your role in the pack requires.

Hyena:

Victory is unpredictable, so better be prepared for anything and change your role as the situation requires. The universe consists of energy, mattter and enlightened self-interest.

Hyena’s have a fine nose for opportunities and adapt their style as suits the situation. They are masters of flexiblility, always trying to nibble their part of the corpse of a fallen nation, joining a pack if the time is right, turtling when that’s the right choice and go for it if the chances of success are good.

Strenghts: Adaptable. Though. Jack-of-all-trades

Weaknesses: … but master of none. People like predictability.

Favorite order: SIM POL

What to do with your 10 start-up Statics? Convert 4 to INF, 4 to Motorized and keep the rest.

Parrot:

Victory is all about discovery, getting attention and finding new and surprising ways to perish.

Parrots do not often survive the opening of a game of Victory. They babble a lot, and some of it pisses of everyone. Allthough they try to hide their bright colors make them stand out easily.

Strenghts: Indomitable spirit. Some amusement value.

Weaknesses: Crunchy. Fleeting attention span.

Favorite order: AIC Disband.

What to do with your 10 start-up statics? Paint them yellow.

Lion: Tiger + Wolf

Beetle: Ant + Turtle

Wasp: Ant + Tiger

Etc.

Guest Spongebob

May I add another :rolleyes:

Sponge:

Victory is all about worship of the Sponge and his multiple personalities. Everyone must follow the Sponges example and pay homage to all that is Sponge. Defeat is not an option, even when it happens it should be denied. At any time a personality may come to the surface and take charge. Obsession with all things not Sponge and its destruction must enter every thought and action.

Strengths - All powerful and god like

Weaknesses - None

Favorite order - KILL

What to do with your 10 start up statics - Convert into Sponge Marines and colonise the world

Sponge:

Victory is all about worship of the Sponge and his multiple personalities. Everyone must follow the Sponges example and pay homage to all that is Sponge. Defeat is not an option, even when it happens it should be denied. At any time a personality may come to the surface and take charge. Obsession with all things not Sponge and its destruction must enter every thought and action.

Weaknesses - None

Favorite order - KILL

What to do with your 10 start up statics - Convert into Sponge Marines and colonise the world

I think you were already covered excellently by the PARROT, Sponge. In fact, i suspect the parrot was written specifically with you in mind... :drunk:

Sponge:

Weaknesses - None

Favorite order - KILL

I think you were already covered excellently by the PARROT, Sponge. In fact, i suspect the parrot was written specifically with you in mind... :drunk:

I won't deny that the Sponge ahs been an inspiration for this one. But he has such a short attention span I doubt he got that far. Probably stopped reading after "Turtle".

Statistically speaking, beetle for me. Most of my games have been played with these tactics. I have tried the Tiger approach, but haven't been successful with this style of play. Besides, I am cursed with the inability to break a PAP, especially a NAP. My TA's can attest to this curse, just ask them.....lol!

Funny. I guess I would definetly be a wasp.

Ditto

Another one here.

OMG, i'm the only wolf (ant/wolf) in a pack of wasps... :rolleyes:

No, you're not.

Wolf here

Funny. I guess I would definetly be a wasp.

Ditto

Another one here.

OMG, i'm the only wolf (ant/wolf) in a pack of wasps... :unsure:

No, you're not.

Wolf here

Think im part ant and wolf. A termite you could say.