Rolling Thunder Forums

weapons

Highwayman

So i have type e disintegrators and was in a battle. I have 150 of them on my ship.. The damage should be 96000000 per for matter and energy... But it showed as 48000001.... Sent pete a message about this but have gotten no response. So i thought i would ask friend and foe alike....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was under that impesion that the output is listed as what you produce... and i was on line one..... so

-------------------------------------------------- DepLoc 1 ------------------------------------------------------------

DN @@@@@@ (Dreadnaught - 10,000,000 tons) [integrity: 8,377,500 / 8,377,500] [shields: 11,165,016,001 / 11,175,000,000]

(Green, Timid)

5,000 Cargo Bay, 200 Fuel Shuttle, 1,500,000 Fuel Tankage, 1 *************************, 1,250 *****************************

1 ******************, 44,700 *******************, 150 Type E Disintegrator

Energy Disruptor: 48,000,001, Matter Disruptor: 48,000,001

Maneuverability: 36.00, Missile Defense: 50.00 %

so why does this not make sense to me? and why is there a 1 at the end?

On top of what Flagritz stated I think being "one shoted" plays a part....i.e. if an armed ship comes up against an unarmed (or very weak) ship a minimum attack power is displayed for each weapon...e.g. if only 100000 points is needed to destroy a vessel, all weapons will display as close to (above) 100000 as they can.

Please note this is merely conjecture, but fits with what I have seen.

"and why is there a 1 at the end?"

Probably had a decimal place or two at the end and got rounded up seems to be the most logical explanation. Which would suggest in turn that your numbers WERE adjusted by some factor or another of the contact.

You need to take into account both your DEPLOC and his. How this exactly works is a secret, so Pete will not have to explain it when it goes wrong :LOL

In his battle with me (same turn, other positions I guess), his weapons displayed and did only half the damage they should do from DepLoc 1. While mine displayed correct.

He had 3 Type E Disintegrators per ship in DepLoc 1 and the damage shown and did was Energy Disruptor: 960,000, Matter Disruptor: 960,000

While it should have been 1,920,000 per ship and damage vector.

In the same battle mine with 1000 Type E's displayed as Energy Disruptor: 6,400,000,000, Matter Disruptor: 6,400,000,000

which would be the correct values.

All ships on both side were at DepLoc 1, *BUT* it was a warp assault.

The battle lasted only one round and my shields got damaged only for 1,920,000 from *two* ships.

If there were more ships in the other battle as well, I guess might be a bug in conjunction with number of ships in fleet.

At least it was of no consequence in both battles, as the other side was always overwhelmingly bigger.

i may agree with you cestval but i had other battles that turn and the warp point assualt doesnt matter.. and The Flock... deploc does not matter when it is showing output.... according to pete and i was on deploc 1 anyway.

btw wrong empire cestval....

Ahh Haa there in lies the problem/potential solution. It was a warp point assault which at the moment doesnt seem to be operating in a manner one would

expect. I had a recent battle where I was defending on the other side of a warp point. The enemy had 5 ships all of whose warp bubble would only allow

1 ship to transit per combat round and yet they succeeded in wiping out my 3 ships in 4 combat rounds which mathematically would have been impossible

given the firepower per ship. In addition his ships suffered no damage as somehow the damage was spread out over all his ships rather then concentrated

on 1 ship then 2 ships etc as they transited. This last turn in fact The Eye of Ra from another post tried to jump into a system via the same warp point as the

prior battle and was swarmed by over 150000 gunboats as well as firepower from 26 other ships. The Eye of Ra had strong shields but should have blown up

after 2 rounds and yet kept on fighting into the 3rd. The result was still the same with a dead enemy ship but something is amiss with this aspect of the combat

system.

i may agree with you cestval but i had other battles that turn and the warp point assualt doesnt matter.. and The Flock... deploc does not matter when it is showing output.... according to pete and i was on deploc 1 anyway.

btw wrong empire cestval....

Then take a look at Krovikian. Your Scouts also did only half the damage they should have done ...