Rolling Thunder Forums

weapons

Highwayman

"why would your scientist not know that your weapons only do 20 percent if placed on line 9 if it is a beam weapon?"

We do know this. It was told to us long ago and its on your battle reports."

"or sensors how come we dont get the strenght in the anz if we put out scientist on them to research them? "

Huh?

ANZ: Mk III Mass Detector Sensor

Displacement Blink Speed: Impressive [6000]

Counters: Gravitonics

Sensor Strength: Impressive [4000]

Counters: Minefields

"the SCRP order... really you lose anything left on that fleet if you scrp one ship in that fleet? WOW can you say petty or just down right lazy to do it the right way"

I guess if you are too lazy to unload the fleet before scrapping part of it, you are going to lose stuff. :)

"i do understand this game and how it should work and how it does work in a lot of ways that prolly never occured to anyone"

Srictly speaking, it should work the way Pete wants it to, since it is his vision. Remember, the game is a simulation of the way Pete imagines galactic economics, exploration and battle. If you or I had designed things, certainly there would be differences. Some things would be better, some things would be worse. And there will always be bugs, just like every other computer program ever written.

Personally, I'm pretty happy with the way things are. I have adjusted my view of warp battles slightly, but it really won't make any difference as to how I design ships or fleets.

However, if there are issues that people really want addressed, perhaps we should all get together, vote on topics and ask Pete to look at one thing at a time. Then move on to the next thing. It might be more productive than flooding him with random complaints and suggestions, both to his personal in-box and the forum.

I actually lost two hundred division to the SCRP order just after the all or nothing ruling was introduced, all over a matter of putting in a pre-SCRP order to OC the contents of the fleet for fleet 688 instead of 668. A twitch of the finger and it was almost impossible to spot with a fast read-through for errors. Surely, that wasn't reasonable (I thought). I was quite upset by it and sat down to write a good old whinge to Pete over the matter . Then, as you do, I started to think of other 'unfair' things that happened - only to discover they were down to me. The one that made me look at myself rather than Pete was when I lost the best part of a turnsheet of orders because of another typo that stopped an entire convoy run taking place (and of course it was 'vital' that it should be done that turn too!)... just a slip of the index finger early in the order sequence and it was all screwed up. Pete was just as responsible for not letting that slide as he had been for the loss of the Divisions.... not at all. My fault and my fault alone.

Sure it would be "more natural" for the SCRP order to fail than to lose everything. That isn't the point though. The point is that people in a game play to the rules that EXIST. No-one can say they weren't aware of it, so no complaints justifiable. It's that simple.

There's problems that need to get fixed... I'm sure Pete is as aware of them as anyone else. Blaming him for problems with our own slips or forgetfulness? I don't think that would be right at all.

...in my always (less than) humble opinion.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic