Rolling Thunder Forums

Does No Anything About This Empire

I just took over Empire#500 and i was wanted to know if anybody knows if empires are still playing or what there

The Takarran Union # 866
Bene Gesserit # 1622
SCINAT # 2097
Benign Union of Gyth # 3196

Concordium # 3833

Thank you for any info will helpful

The Topic is wrong it should read Does Anybody Anything About This Empires i was half sleep when i did it last night

• 3 weeks later...

I have no Idea of my Empire yet, just submitted the setup on Saturday the 6th. Looking for help and advice (serious advice). Trying to start off on the right foot and don't want to waste time and make mistakes that might discourage me to the point of dropping.

Having ICE means you can save orders and have a safer supply of resources in one compact area . Having to ferry those resources in ships means the ships can be intercepted , shot down , and your factories stand idle due to no or not enough resources . You will never get the concentration of resources in one area with the Draco region . The same can be said over the deletion of planetary gates and universal gates . While it might not be so critical in Draco , it sure does make you use more orders to get the same thing done . I would rather mine the resources on one planet , and have said resources feed directly into my industries on the same planet . The only way you can interdict that is by landing troops on that planet , and all I can say is " good luck " to that endeavor .

I think the jury is still out. More advanced industry and long term pop growth will require ever increasing materials. Higher starting yields are helpful initially but will not sustain long term empire growth.

It is apparent that much more effort will be required to support larger empires. Consolidation of assets, pop, mining colonies etc., will be difficult if not impossible in draco making conquest a different sort of prospect.

I would bet it will more challenging and more fun.

We also must not forget the little brother to ICE.... The Deep Core Surveyor. I'm sure by now most players that have done a fair amount of GEO orders have realized how high the hydroelectric and geothermal potentials are on most worlds. I believe this was done intentionally to enable more efficient use of DCS's. It will be slow going at first but over time yields can increase to respectable levels and be able to sustain a reasonably large industrial base.